Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-29-2015, 10:12 AM   #151
ladrones
Pope & Young

Moderates have given the party two Obama terms and just about everything he has wanted along the way. That is the type of compromise that will get you a 3rd Obama term with Hillary.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 10:15 AM   #152
J Wales
Six Point

Hunt In: Taylor County

All of you suggesting that a true conservative cannot win over the moderates need to go back and listen to Reagan's campaign speeches. He was very passionately conservative in his positions, without compromise (like Cruz), and he won by a landslide. Conservatism makes sense when it is consistently applied, and people will vote for that.
J Wales is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 10:17 AM   #153
J Wales
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I dont believe having a different belief means they need to grow a pair.

I'm tired of seeing the GOP losing ground due to their lack of compromise. There are certain issues which require zero tolerance, and other ideals that have to be negotiated for progress and the understanding of the whole as opposed to the part.
The GOP is not losing ground because of a lack of compromise...they are losing ground precisely because they compromise (and the dems don't).
Old 10-29-2015, 10:34 AM   #154
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclefish View Post
You are obviously of the mindset that the Govt doing something is a good thing. I have the opposite view....unless the govt is undoing something they have previously done.

The Fed Govt does a horrible job at every single thing it does except for the Military. The federal bureaucracy is too large to do the country any good. Waste, fraud, and abuse run rampant in every single federal department.
Yep, all correct.
Joshua Flournoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 10:35 AM   #155
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wales View Post
All of you suggesting that a true conservative cannot win over the moderates need to go back and listen to Reagan's campaign speeches. He was very passionately conservative in his positions, without compromise (like Cruz), and he won by a landslide. Conservatism makes sense when it is consistently applied, and people will vote for that.
Precisely.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #156
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Quote:
The GOP is not losing ground because of a lack of compromise...they are losing ground precisely because they compromise (and the dems don't).
Yep, there is only compromise GOP side.
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #157
Tommyh
Pope & Young

Quote:
I dont believe having a different belief means they need to grow a pair.

I'm tired of seeing the GOP losing ground due to their lack of compromise. There are certain issues which require zero tolerance, and other ideals that have to be negotiated for progress and the understanding of the whole as opposed to the part.
i agree. they continually cave in to every Democrat demand without ever offering an alternative. there is no more Rep party of old. its all democrat with a dash of conservatives tossed in for color.
Tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 10:44 AM   #158
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
Yep, there is only compromise GOP side.
Yep, the GOP either hasn't figured out yet, or doesn't care, that when the Democrats talk about "compromise", what they mean is "you come over to OUR side". That ain't compromise, that's capitulation.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:10 AM   #159
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:
You are obviously of the mindset that the Govt doing something is a good thing. I have the opposite view....unless the govt is undoing something they have previously done.

The Fed Govt does a horrible job at every single thing it does except for the Military. The federal bureaucracy is too large to do the country any good. Waste, fraud, and abuse run rampant in every single federal department.
Agree. Gridlock keeps issues (like federal budget and spending) from being resolved until last minute, only to have Republicans forced into "compromise" because of fear of government shutting down. The result is increased debt ceiling, more debt, ever increasing deficit and burgeoning government - ie everything the Dems want to see in order to create voter perceived dependence on government.

Gridlock isn't productive. Compromise for the sake of compromise can be counterproductive.

As for the debate, I thought Cruz showed well, especially compared to the previous debate (I didn't watch the first). Kasich, Huckabee and Bush may have a few good ideas, but I don't think either is "electable" and are largely non-factors. I'd probably put Paul in the "unelectable" category, as well. I don't think any of the candidates necessarily had a bad showing last night, except Bush.

Rubio had gained momentum for me in the 2nd debate, while Cruz had lost some. I think both had good showings last night, and Cruz definitely redeemed himself compared to debate 2. Rubio's personal financial mismanagement certainly raised an eyebrow, although he handled his response fairly well.

Christie has impressed me in both debates I've watched. Fiorina doesn't do much for me, but I think she will play an important role in shaping the party nominee. I don't really trust much of what Trump has to say. It was glossed over, but he got caught in a bit of a lie last night. Carson is a brilliant man with an idealistic outlook. I think he's gotten more comfortable with the debate formats and although maybe still a little TOO soft spoken at times, has held his own.

My personal current frontrunners would be Carson & Cruz, followed somewhat distantly by Rubio and then Christie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 11:13 AM   #160
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Obama has been elected TWO times ... Let that sink in. Then tell me how a defiant Conservative can win the election.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 11:14 AM   #161
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Agree. Gridlock keeps issues (like federal budget and spending) from being resolved until last minute, only to have Republicans forced into "compromise" because of fear of government shutting down. The result is increased debt ceiling, more debt, ever increasing deficit and burgeoning government - ie everything the Dems want to see in order to create voter perceived dependence on government.

Gridlock isn't productive. Compromise for the sake of compromise can be counterproductive.

As for the debate, I thought Cruz showed well, especially compared to the previous debate (I didn't watch the first). Kasich, Huckabee and Bush may have a few good ideas, but I don't think either is "electable" and are largely non-factors. I'd probably put Paul in the "unelectable" category, as well. I don't think any of the candidates necessarily had a bad showing last night, except Bush.

Rubio had gained momentum for me in the 2nd debate, while Cruz had lost some. I think both had good showings last night, and Cruz definitely redeemed himself compared to debate 2. Rubio's personal financial mismanagement certainly raised an eyebrow, although he handled his response fairly well.

Christie has impressed me in both debates I've watched. Fiorina doesn't do much for me, but I think she will play an important role in shaping the party nominee. I don't really trust much of what Trump has to say. It was glossed over, but he got caught in a bit of a lie last night. Carson is a brilliant man with an idealistic outlook. I think he's gotten more comfortable with the debate formats and although maybe still a little TOO soft spoken at times, has held his own.

My personal current frontrunners would be Carson & Cruz, followed somewhat distantly by Rubio and then Christie.
I agree with this
Old 10-29-2015, 11:18 AM   #162
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
Moderates have given the party two Obama terms and just about everything he has wanted along the way. That is the type of compromise that will get you a 3rd Obama term with Hillary.
So true guys!!!

Sadly we dont have many hard conservatives anymore...just like with true Christians and MEN!!!!!!! Sad but true
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #163
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:

What were the demographics 30 years ago?
Reagan didn't have twitter.
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #164
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:
Obama has been elected TWO times ... Let that sink in. Then tell me how a defiant Conservative can win the election.
Obama ran against two of the type of moderate Republicans that you say are necessary to nominate so that the GOP can win. It doesn't work that way though. Most people want somebody who has ideas and will take a stand for them. That's what leaders do. Yet another guy who always says things like, "Well, you have a point, but the other side has a point too. Maybe we should just all get along and compromise...." is not the answer. That's weak. People are sick of weakness. Look where it has gotten us. It got us Obama twice, and he has weakened our nation in every way imaginable. It's time for strength, for a change.

The one area where Obama has been strong is in domestic politics. He has never been willing to compromise with Republicans AT ALL on ANYTHING. He has forced his will on Congress and on the nation. He's completely the opposite in foreign policy, as he has been a limp doormat when dealing with other nations. But I'll give him props for being strong and tough domestically. He's completely dead wrong in everything that he has done, of course. But we have probably never had a president that has been more unwilling to compromise than Obama. The media spins it to make it sound like the Republicans are mean and uncompromising, of course, and lots of people lap that up. That doesn't make the false narrative correct though.

It's time for some strong leadership that will take us back in the right direction for a change. The last thing we need at this point in our nation's history is MORE compromise with those that want to destroy our nation. If that hurts some people's precious little feelings in the process, then so be it.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 11:25 AM   #165
J Wales
Six Point

Quote:
Against McCain and Romney...let that sink in. They were the candidates that the media said were the most "electable" out of the Republican group.

In 1980, Reagan won 489 electoral votes to Carter's 49. Landslide.

In 1984, he won 525 electoral votes to Mondale's 13. The only state Mondale won was his own, and only by a hair. Another landslide.

Reagan was every bit as much of a defiant conservative as Cruz is, and he won by two landslides.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:26 AM   #166
Tommyh
Pope & Young

Quote:
Republicans stayed home because the candidates have been too moderate.

let that sink in.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #167
texansfan
Ten Point

Keep running hard nose conservatism and GOP will keep losing
Too many gays and family members of illegal immigrants voting for all that hardcore conservatism to win.

Illegals have anchor babies
Those anchor babies turn out to vote
You think they will vote for Cruz or Rubio who are trying to deport their abuela back to Guatemala?
Or for Hillary who is trying to keep abuela here, give her a section 8 house and $1,100 per month in her pocket?
Old 10-29-2015, 11:37 AM   #168
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Obama ran against two of the type of moderate Republicans that you say are necessary to nominate so that the GOP can win. It doesn't work that way though. Most people want somebody who has ideas and will take a stand for them. That's what leaders do. Yet another guy who always says things like, "Well, you have a point, but the other side has a point too. Maybe we should just all get along and compromise...." is not the answer. That's weak. People are sick of weakness. Look where it has gotten us. It got us Obama twice, and he has weakened our nation in every way imaginable. It's time for strength, for a change.

The one area where Obama has been strong is in domestic politics. He has never been willing to compromise with Republicans AT ALL on ANYTHING. He has forced his will on Congress and on the nation. He's completely the opposite in foreign policy, as he has been a limp doormat when dealing with other nations. But I'll give him props for being strong and tough domestically. He's completely dead wrong in everything that he has done, of course. But we have probably never had a president that has been more unwilling to compromise than Obama. The media spins it to make it sound like the Republicans are mean and uncompromising, of course, and lots of people lap that up. That doesn't make the false narrative correct though.

It's time for some strong leadership that will take us back in the right direction for a change. The last thing we need at this point in our nation's history is MORE compromise with those that want to destroy our nation. If that hurts some people's precious little feelings in the process, then so be it.
My point is that one defiant point of view does not determine and should not determine the direction of the entire Nation.

While we have strong views, believe it or not, there are A LOT of people that disagree.

If the ultra-Conservative base would continue to negotiate instead of holding a stale mate, then these last minute caves would not happen.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:37 AM   #169
Tommyh
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Too many gays and family members of illegal immigrants voting for all that hardcore conservatism to win.

You think they will vote for Cruz or Rubio who are trying to deport their abuela back to Guatemala?
Or for Hillary who is trying to keep abuela here, give her a section 8 house and $1,100 per month in her pocket?
wait, so McCain and Romney are hard nose?
Old 10-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #170
texansfan
Ten Point

Which of those Obama voters would have voted for a hardcore conservative instead?
Even the second time around?

Even the white "guilty" votes Obama got wouldn't go super conservative.

The problem with GOP, Tea Party and other ultra conservatives is that they don't change with the times.
The voting public is not 80% white men anymore.
There is no way you can win an election by saying you are deporting all illegals when 30% of the voters has a relative here illegally.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #171
Anahuac
Six Point

Hunt In: TExAS

Quote:

Well said...X2
Anahuac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #172
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Quote:
My point is that one defiant point of view does not determine and should not determine the direction of the entire Nation.

While we have strong views, believe it or not, there are A LOT of people that disagree.

If the ultra-Conservative base would continue to negotiate instead of holding a stale mate, then these last minute caves would not happen.
Can you honestly say you see compromise on the part of the Dems?? You keep saying that the GOP needs to compromise but all I see is them giving the keys to the kingdom to the Dems or else there is a Veto.
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #173
sethcros
Ten Point

Quote:
Which of those Obama voters would have voted for a hardcore conservative instead?

The problem with GOP, Tea Party and other ultra conservatives is that they don't change with the times.
There is no way you can win an election by saying you are deporting all illegals when 30% of the voters has a relative here illegally.
You have to do something about illegal immigration, but the days of winning with only the older white male are long gone.
sethcros is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 11:53 AM   #174
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:

I think you need to look at the candidates on each side when you say the public is not 80 percent white anymore.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #175
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
I think you need to look at the candidates on each side when you say the public is not 80 percent white anymore.
I watched the rat debate and all I could see was old white people.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #176
Tommyh
Pope & Young

Quote:
According to obama's wealthy standards, they are all old, white, rich people
Old 10-29-2015, 12:00 PM   #177
unclefish
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Elk in CO....Deer in Lyons, TX

Quote:

You do realize that several million of conservative voters stayed home the last presidential election. All because of the RINO running for the GOP.

If they would have voted in the same numbers as the 2008 election....Romney would be president right now. The base was not fired up to vote for a man that started RomneyCare.

You don't have to win any of the Obama voters to win the presidency. Just run a great conservative candidate, fire your base up, and turn out the vote.
unclefish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 12:00 PM   #178
TX_Kevin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie County

Quote:

Good grief. Where do you get numbers like that? Number one, those kinds of things are never more than an estimate, and two, you have to consider who did the estimate. To actually think that 30% of all Americans have an illegal relative is just ridiculous.
TX_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #179
rwlopez59
Four Point

Hunt In: E. Tx

Quote:
You sir are correct in your point! The last three republican challengers have been moderates, including Bush. He's fortunate to have won two elections.
rwlopez59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #180
rwlopez59
Four Point

Quote:
and what are the dumbercrats that are running for office? old white people!!!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #181
rwlopez59
Four Point

Quote:
Against McCain and Romney...let that sink in. They were the candidates that the media said were the most "electable" out of the Republican group.

In 1980, Reagan won 489 electoral votes to Carter's 49. Landslide.

In 1984, he won 525 electoral votes to Mondale's 13. The only state Mondale won was his own, and only by a hair. Another landslide.

Reagan was every bit as much of a defiant conservative as Cruz is, and he won by two landslides.
+1
Anyone that says we need a moderate republican is either dumb or a closet democrat!! WE NEED A STAUNCH CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN!!! PERIOD!!! Forget all that being nice to get along!! Forget the political correctness!! It's time to put up or shut up!!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:26 PM   #182
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyh View Post

let that sink in.
Yep.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #183
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:

The last time the GOP nominated a real Conservative was Reagan, and he won 2 landslide elections. Who are you talking about when you say "keep running hard nose conservatism and GOP will keep losing"? Certainly not McCain or Romney, they were barely Conservatives at all, much less "hard nose".
Old 10-29-2015, 12:30 PM   #184
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr County - Gillespie County

Quote:
“So this is another example of the double standard that exists in this country between the mainstream media and the conservative movement”
Quote:
“The Democrats have the ultimate super PAC. It is called the mainstream media.”
Quote:
“It was the week she got exposed as a liar”
Quote:
“The men and women on this stage have more ideas, more experience, more common sense than every participant in the Democratic debate. That debate reflected a debate between the Bolsheviks and the Mensheviks
Quote:
"I'm the only guy that has consistently fought the Clinton machine every election I was ever in over the past 26 years. Not only did I fight them but I beat them. I'm a fighter. Not only did I fight them and win, I lived to tell about it. I'm standing on this stage tonight as evidence of that and I think that ought to be worth something."
Quote:
"Gun-free zones are target practice for the sickos and the mentally ill. A good person with a gun can stop a bad person with a gun. I have a permit, which is very unusual in New York. It's a permit to carry. I carry on occasion, sometimes a lot. I like to be unpredictable."
AtTheWall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 12:30 PM   #185
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:

Thank goodness. Apparently you would have us dump all our dearly held values and just capitulate to the other side. If we're going to do that, why even participate in politics, why even vote?
Old 10-29-2015, 12:33 PM   #186
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:
You do realize that several million of conservative voters stayed home the last presidential election. All because of the RINO running for the GOP.

If they would have voted in the same numbers as the 2008 election....Romney would be president right now. The base was not fired up to vote for a man that started RomneyCare.

You don't have to win any of the Obama voters to win the presidency. Just run a great conservative candidate, fire your base up, and turn out the vote.
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Kevin View Post
Good grief. Where do you get numbers like that? Number one, those kinds of things are never more than an estimate, and two, you have to consider who did the estimate. To actually think that 30% of all Americans have an illegal relative is just ridiculous.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:45 PM   #187
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:

Ask a 18 - 30 year old Mexican who they resonate with more?
Ted Cruz or Obama
Rubio or Hillary

Tony Romo is Mexican too but he doesn't stand a chance against Fernando Valenzuela

Ted Cruz is trying to take all their rights to additions away.
You think they will vote for him?
Hillary wants to pay for their abortions for them.
You think they still vote for her?
Old 10-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #188
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:

So why sit on your azz and let them win?
Cutting off your nose to spite your face is what that is.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #189
HoustonHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Houston/Angelina/Trinity Counties

My thoughts...
Attached Images

HoustonHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #190
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
Thank goodness. Apparently you would have us dump all our dearly held values and just capitulate to the other side. If we're going to do that, why even participate in politics, why even vote?
I'm not saying dump all.
I'm saying you have to bend a little and change with the times or else you will break and completely lose your way.

Think about America today vs 60 years ago.
Korean War vs Iraq War
Our country looks VASTLY different now than it did then.
Heck 100 years ago we were rounding up Chinese and putting them in tent camps in Southern California

Certain things are just going to happen because they are being muscled in.
This whole gay marriage thing is a go.
Smoking pot is a go.
I'm sorry but I see a ban on guns coming along within the next twenty years but DEFINITELY within fifty years.
Conservative values are on the way out
Old 10-29-2015, 01:00 PM   #191
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:
I'm not saying dump all.
I'm saying you have to bend a little and change with the times or else you will break and completely lose your way.

Think about America today vs 60 years ago.
Korean War vs Iraq War
Our country looks VASTLY different now than it did then.
Heck 100 years ago we were rounding up Chinese and putting them in tent camps in Southern California

Certain things are just going to happen because they are being muscled in.
This whole gay marriage thing is a go.
Smoking pot is a go.
I'm sorry but I see a ban on guns coming along within the next twenty years but DEFINITELY within fifty years.
Conservative values are on the way out
Not much point in arguing with you since we see the future of America in such starkly different terms.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #192
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ask a 18 - 30 year old Mexican who they resonate with more?
Ted Cruz or Obama
Rubio or Hillary

Tony Romo is Mexican too but he doesn't stand a chance against Fernando Valenzuela

Ted Cruz is trying to take all their rights to additions away.
You think they will vote for him?
Hillary wants to pay for their abortions for them.
You think they still vote for her?

Why would I ask a Mexican whether Obama or Cruz is their favorite candidate? I wouldnt ask an African or an Australian either.

So Mexicans aged 18-30 decide elections these days?

What in gods good name does Tony Romo and Fernando Valenzuela have to do with anything we are talking about here. One is a Mexican National the other is an American.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #193
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:

Your first statement here is correct. You are just missing the fact that the defiant point of view that IS determining the direction of our nation is that of the big government progressives who inhabit the leadership of BOTH parties. They are ruling in defiance of the will of the vast majority of the American people. These so-called emergency debt limit increases are happening on purpose, and the big government "moderates" and liberals are the ones who are calling the shots. Once they realized that they could ignore the Constitutional requirement to pass a budget every year and then get whatever they wanted at the last minute through a continuing resolution, they have been repeating that process over and over. They blame it on the constitutional conservatives, but that is an obvious lie. The media goes along with the false narrative though, so most people who aren't really paying attention believe the lie. That doesn't make it truth though.

If constitutional conservatives don't stand for what is right, who will? Nobody else is willing to. The big government progressives want the opposite. The moderates aren't sure who to believe, it appears, and they seem to believe that the highest virtue is compromise. It's not. Sometimes compromise is good. But when one side is hell-bent on doing nothing but bad things, there is no virtue in compromising with them.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #194
Tommyh
Pope & Young

Quote:
Democrats did. we should too.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #195
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwlopez59 View Post
+1
Anyone that says we need a moderate republican is either dumb or a closet democrat!! WE NEED A STAUNCH CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN!!! PERIOD!!! Forget all that being nice to get along!! Forget the political correctness!! It's time to put up or shut up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyh View Post

let that sink in.
Quote:
The last time the GOP nominated a real Conservative was Reagan, and he won 2 landslide elections. Who are you talking about when you say "keep running hard nose conservatism and GOP will keep losing"? Certainly not McCain or Romney, they were barely Conservatives at all, much less "hard nose".
x2!!!!!!!

Quote:
Not much point in arguing with you since we see the future of America in such starkly different terms.
YEah you cant argue with a liberal. THey lack common sense! Look at his points about Tony Romo lol.

No point even trying. Its clear what his America would look like and its where were headed
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 01:26 PM   #196
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Why would I ask a Mexican whether Obama or Cruz is their favorite candidate? I wouldnt ask an African or an :/Australian either.

So Mexicans aged 18-30 decide elections these days?

What in gods good name does Tony Romo and Fernando Valenzuela have to do with anything we are talking about here. One is a Mexican National the other is an American.
Yes.
Mexicans aged 18-30 decide elections just like Blacks 18-30 did the last two elections.
Get your heads out of the sand.
If the vote is split 46-46 with the rest of the voters being 18-30 year old blacks and Mexicans, you don't think campaigning to that group matters?

If two 40 year old white men have two babies each that's four votes
But if two Mexicans have give babies each that's ten votes.

In 1970 there were about 10 million Hispanics living in America
Today, there are 55 million
There were 205 million people living in America in 1970
In 2015 there are 320 million

Are you seeing how young Hispanics matter?
If you no longer have the majority of the votes, you get outvoted.
So you need to change your campaign platform or else you will never win.

These votes all come down to psychology
Are these thing people actually voting platforms or are they voting popularity?

Obama won because he got all the unemployed to get off their azz and go to the polls
Promising free stuff or not, they came to the polls and cast their ballots.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:33 PM   #197
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
x2!!!!!!!

YEah you cant argue with a liberal. THey lack common sense! Look at his points about Tony Romo lol.

No point even trying. Its clear what his America would look like and its where were headed
Why throw the L word around?
I ever say I voted for a dem in my life?
I'm telling you what I believe to be the causes of GOP losing the last two elections and seemingly how they are going to lose the third

If either of you don't think the gays will have an even BIGGER presence in our everyday lives are mistaken.
Well, I live in the city so they encroach on my life moreso than if I lived in the country

In Houston I actually have to vote against allowing men to use the restroom with my daughter and wife
In what kind of crazy world should I even have to vote on that?

Gays in the military

Gays kissing each other on regular tv

Ask most any kid under 20 how they feel about homosexuality and most won't care
Again, if you live in a town of 20,000 then they will think one way, but in the big cities these kids are changing

They wrapped 1600 Pennsylvania in a gay flag for crying out loud

Pay attention guys!
Old 10-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #198
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Your first statement here is correct. You are just missing the fact that the defiant point of view that IS determining the direction of our nation is that of the big government progressives who inhabit the leadership of BOTH parties. They are ruling in defiance of the will of the vast majority of the American people. These so-called emergency debt limit increases are happening on purpose, and the big government "moderates" and liberals are the ones who are calling the shots. Once they realized that they could ignore the Constitutional requirement to pass a budget every year and then get whatever they wanted at the last minute through a continuing resolution, they have been repeating that process over and over. They blame it on the constitutional conservatives, but that is an obvious lie. The media goes along with the false narrative though, so most people who aren't really paying attention believe the lie. That doesn't make it truth though.

If constitutional conservatives don't stand for what is right, who will? Nobody else is willing to. The big government progressives want the opposite. The moderates aren't sure who to believe, it appears, and they seem to believe that the highest virtue is compromise. It's not. Sometimes compromise is good. But when one side is hell-bent on doing nothing but bad things, there is no virtue in compromising with them.
The moderates are sure who to believe, and it's not the preaching from the holier than thou pulpit approach that the Conservatives have taken.

I dont believe it is a lie. I have seen it on 2 occasions now on our way to a shutdown. Shutdown approaches and cave. If they would have negotiated instead of idle threats, then there may have been some reconciliation towards a more well rounded agreement.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #199
Neck
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt County

The GOP had a landslide victory in 2014 at both the national and local levels.
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #200
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes.
Mexicans aged 18-30 decide elections just like Blacks 18-30 did the last two elections.
Get your heads out of the sand.
If the vote is split 46-46 with the rest of the voters being 18-30 year old blacks and Mexicans, you don't think campaigning to that group matters?

If two 40 year old white men have two babies each that's four votes
But if two Mexicans have give babies each that's ten votes.

In 1970 there were about 10 million Hispanics living in America
Today, there are 55 million
There were 205 million people living in America in 1970
In 2015 there are 320 million

Are you seeing how young Hispanics matter?
If you no longer have the majority of the votes, you get outvoted.
So you need to change your campaign platform or else you will never win.

These votes all come down to psychology
Are these thing people actually voting platforms or are they voting popularity?

Obama won because he got all the unemployed to get off their azz and go to the polls
Promising free stuff or not, they came to the polls and cast their ballots.
Look, these are the stats as of 2014, Other 8%, Black 12%, Hispanic 17% White 62%. Think about what you are saying, only one group if they voted in unison could decide elections and that is white people (I know evil evil white people). Barack Obama was elected by, wait for it...... white people.

How can 17 percent decide a majority? Please let me know because I cannot figure it out.