Bexar County Bowhunts (Axis Hunt Help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bexar County Bowhunts (Axis Hunt Help)

I'm planning to go here in August on an Exotic hunt but I really want an Axis more than anything else. I went here in January and got to shoot 2 hogs while my cousin shot a Ram and a Hog. I spent a lot of time scouting and trailing animals so I saw a lot of creeks, trails, and even about half a dozen Axis Sheds in one location. I understand they are in rut right now how about in August? If not how do they behave in the post Rut? Would it be best to hunt them on feeders or some of the trails I found that seem like good funnels? Or what about water holes since August could be dry? I only have 2 days to work with and I know if I had more time I would have long sits on many of the funnels & Pinch Points I found.

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
    I'm planning to go here in August on an Exotic hunt but I really want an Axis more than anything else. I went here in January and got to shoot 2 hogs while my cousin shot a Ram and a Hog. I spent a lot of time scouting and trailing animals so I saw a lot of creeks, trails, and even about half a dozen Axis Sheds in one location. I understand they are in rut right now how about in August? If not how do they behave in the post Rut? Would it be best to hunt them on feeders or some of the trails I found that seem like good funnels? Or what about water holes since August could be dry? I only have 2 days to work with and I know if I had more time I would have long sits on many of the funnels & Pinch Points I found.

Do you want to only bow hunt or would ya do rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
      Do you want to only bow hunt or would ya do rifle?

Bow only ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
        Bow only ranch.

Got ya

Comment

Hence the name....BEXAR COUNTY BOWHUNTS.

Comment

Working...
          X