Hunting Bee County Between Beeville and Sinton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Bee County Between Beeville and Sinton

Can anyone give me some general information about the hunting in this area? This year I may have the opportunity to hunt some property off of 181 between Beeville and Sinton (close to Papalote) and was curious as what to expect. I know the dove hunting down there is supposed to be dynamite and I've heard the hogs are crazy, but what can I expect as far as deer go? The place is supposed to be very close to the Welder Ranch from what I understand. I've always assumed this area would hold good deer, but have never really talked to anyone that hunted down that way. Any info would be great.

I hunted in Beeville years ago and the deer were pretty good. I was a guest so wasn't able to shoot big bucks, but paid members were shooting bucks in the 160's and some low 170's. This was almost 20 years ago. I guess it all depends on the property and who managed it before (just like everywhere else pretty much).

Comment

bee county

I hunted that way a couple years ago and we loved it. I had 2 miles of the Welder on one side and we did very well. Lots of good deer with good mass, lots of turkey and hogs. We Had a small ranch which was a honey hole but losted the lease due to the owner passing away and the scum bag girlfriend that he met online from Florida sold it out from under us with no notice. I would love to find a place in that area again. Good luck to you.

Comment

In that area close to Papalote it will really depend on what is around your lease or it joins. There are a lot of little ranchitos or ranchettes in that area. There is still a lot of farming done in the area along with open cattle pasture. There a few larger ranches in certain areas that will have good deer just a lot those areas will be hunted very hard. If your lease is along one of the drainage areas then it could be good hunting.

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas. It's good to know a little information about the area. I'll let you know how it pans out if I end up getting the opportunity to hunt it.

Comment

Passed on this young 10 Sat morning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddys son dropped this management 8 this morning.

Comment

Alright! Nice 8pt! Yeah that 10 looks really young. He's going to be nice if he can make it 2-3 more years. My uncle is hunting this morning and has seen some rutting action going on. They weren't rutting when I was there two weeks ago.

Comment

Do your best to wait it out. In that general area from about nov.28-dec.10 I have seen my biggest deer. On low fenced places there really is no telling what you'll see, especially if you share fences with some of the big names ranches out that way. Good luck!

Comment

I've been on this place for 3 years and a few of the guys have been on for 12. All of the biggest bucks habe been killed between Dec 6-18. It is LF 700 acres.

Comment

That's awesome, I'm super jealous. Love that area.

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas. I'll pass it along to my dad and uncles (with whom I'm on the lease). I killed a 3.5 year old 9pt the first week of deer season; at least everyone has told me that's how old he looks. He may even technically count as a 10. One of his brow tines is actually split and he has some little 1"-2" kickers on it. This is our first year on the lease and I had no idea what to expect. When he walked out, my buck fever got the best of me and I couldn't pass him up. It's the first whitetail I've killed in about 8-9 years. Now that I've got some of this information, I'm going to be more careful and management minded.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats I agree with 3.5, I like how tall he is

Comment

Originally posted by FirstCast View Post
                            Congrats I agree with 3.5, I like how tall he is

Thanks! In hindsight, I think he'd have been even better in a year or two; however, we've heard (from neighbors), that the guys hunting a bordering property will shoot anything that moves. This was partly something I factored in when I decided to shoot him. My stand is actually the closest (just about 100yds) from said property.

You guys' information has been really helpful to me though. I've never hunted the area and it's been so long since I've really been able to hunt whitetail on a lease. For the last 10 years my hunting experience has been mostly on public land, and out-of-state at that.

Comment

Sealed the deal on my first Bee county buck yesterday around noon. Rained all morning so we didn't get in the stand until 9:30. Seen a nice buck right after I got settled but he was down the road about 400 yds and walking away from me. A few minutes later I did about a 90 second rattling session and had a young 8 come busting through the brush. After that it was slow until around 11:30. My hunting buddy txtd he hadnt seen anything and was headed in. A single doe came to the feeder so I was going to wait her out and head in when she left. Well a couple minutes later two more doe pop out of the brush and this guy is on their trail. Dropped him at around 200 yards. This is my largest buck to date and my first in South Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X