Conroe/Willis processor info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conroe/Willis processor info

I'm needing info on a processor in the Conroe/Willis area. Friend is about to slaughter some hogs and asked me who I use. He didn't like the answer "Poffenberger's at Bellville Meat Market" if I'm getting something processed from someone else, that's where I'm going

So I need some suggestions on where to send him, and who to tell him to avoid. Thanks in advance

I have used H&S in the past

Comment

Flemmings

Comment

H&S. The jalepeno cheese link is incredible from wild hog.

Comment

Fleming’s all day long. I have tried every other one in the area, but nothing is as good.

Comment

I just picked up from H&S a few hours ago. Jerry and his wife have always treated me fair. They make some of the best boudin I've had. As stated above, the jalepeno and cheese links are awesome too.

Comment

Not sure, but have zero plan of going back with H&S. I took them a load of deboned meat to be ground. Once it was finished they charged me as if I had brought in a deer that had only been gutted but not skinned.

Comment

I have used Ainsworth meats but that is closer to magnolia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another +1 for Fleming's

Comment

Thanks, fellas I passed the info on to him. I may see if he wants me to haul it to Bellville for him and bring it back whenever it's finished. While I admit that I haven't tried any of the local places, I've never had a reason to switch. I appreciate the suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                      Flemmings
                      Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                      Fleming’s all day long. I have tried every other one in the area, but nothing is as good.
                      Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      Another +1 for Fleming's
                      All day. I had them process a hog for me and it was some of the best sausage I've had and I've had plenty made over the years. They are my go-to for sausage. I grind everything else up at home.

Comment

I have used Jarrett's Meat Market in Madisonville a couple times for farm pigs and a couple rams/sheep.
                        So far, they have been fantastic. The cured meat from our pigs were great (both bacon and ham) and packaged really well. Plus, they were cheaper than any other processor i found.

Comment

Ken Fleming, great people, great product. He has a new store near Lake Livingston too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	24518480

Comment

Another vote for h&s

Comment

Proud Flemings customer here. Depending on where y’all are, they opened a new location up Near Point Blank last year. Very nice people who make a great product. It’s nice to be recognized at a place like that too, they do a great job of remembering their customers.

Comment

Working...
                              X