Drawn Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawn Hunts

My Son & Nephew got drawn for Chap doe/spike and Choke Canyon either sex. Thankful that at least they get an opportunity to put game in freezer. Momma and I went O'fer for the seventh straight year.

I went O-fer myself. I was hoping I got drawn. I don't have a lease this year. Luckily, I get to hunt a place down the road from my house that has a few deer.

Comment

Same here. No lease. I do have a friend that will take me as a last resort in the late doe season. I'm a meat hunter so that works out great.

Comment

I got drawn for an Archery hunt at Richland but couldn't go because I just started a new job. The kids fared much better. I'll be busy for several weekends with them.

Comment

Awesome grizzman. That's what it's all about. Passing on a great tradition and passion for the outdoors to our kids.

Comment

I’ve just recently found this site and it’s been very informative.

I’ve been applying for adult and youth hunts the last 6 years and this is the first time my sons were drawn. We will also be at the Chaparral Spike/Doe hunt thanksgiving weekend. We will be tent camping and be in a red Toyota Tundra. Maybe we can talk one night and share a few stories from the days hunt around a fire.

I’ve noticed on more than one post people saying they’ve been drawn year after year for hunts. Is it truly random? Or is there a way to better your chances for any specific hunt?

Comment

Sure thing Cypress Hunter. Let's meet up out there. We'll be in a white F150 also at the campgrounds. I wish I knew the trick to getting drawn. No way to tell. Some have had upwards of 20 points and the boys have been drawn with just 4 points. My guess is it's totally random. I've been trying for years myself. The boys got a lucky draw last year at the Choke and now these two this year. Like I said, I'm still waiting for the wife and I to draw something one of these years.

Comment

Cypress Hunter. I don't apply for the most popular hunts. The last three hunts that I was drawn for were Archery hunts which aren't as hard to draw as rifle hunts IMO.

Comment

And I keep putting in even in years like this where I know it would be hard to get time off. I picked some of the hardest to get hunts so I could accumulate points instead.

Comment

my boys will be at Chaparal on 11/28-11/30 also.We will be in the RV camp.

Comment

I'm still O'fer for the year, best of luck to you

Comment

Working...
                      X