Gravy Recipe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravy Recipe??

Seems like I can never make a real decent gravy. Anybody have some sort of recipe they follow, I know it is one of those things that is hard to use a recipe, but any kind of direction would help. thanks..

this would be to go with fried venison...or anything else that needs a similar gravy..

WHITE GRAVY
    4 tbsp. butter or small amount of grease from frying meat
    4 tbsp. flour
    Salt
    Pepper
    2 1/2 c. milk (can use water)

Melt butter in saucepan over low heat or start with leftover grease. Blend in flour, salt and pepper; cook until smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk or water. Heat to boiling on medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir and boil 1 minute. Makes enough gravy for 1 can biscuits

Comment

The key to smoth un-lumpy gravey is a wire wisk. Like one you would use to wisk up eggs. Once you add your milk/water wisk vigourously until desired thickness. NO LUMPS Gauranteed.

Comment

Thanks

Will jot this down, thanks alot!!! Nothing like crappy gravy to ruin a good meal!!

Comment

I know what you mean, you should have seen my 1st attempt on the lease with fresh backstrap. We didn't eat the gravy that night. Came home and had my wife teach me how to make it. No problem now.

Comment

Same as tmag592, but try water instead of milk

Comment

Same as tmag592, but try water instead of milk

Comment

While he clearly has no clue when it comes to stock car racing, George knows his gravy!

I picked up a whisk and the lumps go away much quicker and easier!

Gracias George.

Comment

While he clearly has no clue when it comes to stock car racing, George knows his gravy!

Gracias George.

Comment

Gracias George.

Comment

Gracias George.

Comment

Somebody kick the jukebox! I think it's stuck!
                        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Lamo!!!! Nice!!!!

Comment

Stuttering Mel and his sidekick Dale!

Comment

Dales pretty passionate about his gravy.

Comment

Working...
                              X