Electric shaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric shaver

What kind does everyone use? I absolutely hate shaving, but figured an electric shaver might be ok. What’s everyone’s opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have a Norelco that took the shaving the shaving gel. I loved it. They don’t make cutting heads for it anymore though. I’m interested in getting a new one myself.

Comment

Think I tried all E razors nothing comes close to Blades...Gillette 5 blades is what I use

Comment

Had one, but my wife didn’t think it cut close enough.
        My daughter bought me a Harry’s razor for Christmas. It’s pretty sweet.

Comment

I am a hairy fella and thanks to a thread on here a few years back i made the switch to an old style safety razor with brush and cream. Takes a learning curve but I would never go back. No more ingrown hairs and so much cheaper for blades etc. search on amazon amd find a good razor. Now, they are higher initially, but blades are cheap. I bought a good amount for $15 over 2 years ago and still have a lot left. As for a razor i have a merkur short handle ( dont remember the exact style number) i know ya asked about electric but I have never found one that works so figured i would toss out another option

Comment

I use the Phillips Norelco single blade daily and I love it. I had a very expensive Braun it has now replaced. It’s not going to be as close as a razor but it’s pretty dang good.

Comment

Gillette 5 for me too. Very smooth and comfortable shave. Electrics irritate my face.

Comment

Electrics eat your face up. Stick with a blade

Comment

Grow a beard

Comment

Electric = 5:PM shadow at 9:30AM. Stick with a blade.

Comment

I have a Norelco Shaver 1200 and so far I am happy with it

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                        I have a Norelco Shaver 1200 and so far I am happy with it
                        Is Norelco the one with circular blades? Is there a difference between those and a straight shaving head?

I've thought about trying one because the last packs of blades I have bought are just sorry. Gillette 3s and 4s.

Comment

You asked about electric shavers and all we hear about are blades.....hmmmm.
                          Yes we all know an electric won’t shave like a blade. Not everyone cares if their face is baby butt smooth.

I’ve been using the Phillips One Blade electric shaver.
                          Pros: **** near as close as a blade (literally) with zero discomfort or irritation.
                          Cons: The blades aren’t cheap. $20 for a 2 pack.

They claim one blade will last 3-4 months, but that hasn’t been the case for me. I shave more than just my face so I go thru them a little faster. Even though the blades aren’t cheap, I’ll continue to use it as it’s the best shaver I’ve ever owned. I currently have 3 of them in case one of them ever breaks/stops working. I’ve tried other electric razors in the past and didn’t ever like them.

I doubt that I will ever go back to shaving my face with a blade.
                          Last edited by Trevor73402; 01-07-2019, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                            Grow a beard

Exactly. Think of all the money you’ll save on blades and everything else.

Comment

This.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X