Archery Target Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
    Does the foam dull your broadheads any faster than regular target foam?
    no, but the foam wears out A L O T faster w/ bh's. Chews em up in no time. Stick w. field tips up will be fine.

Comment

hoefully you change the blades before hunting

Comment

I had the same problem with my broadhead targets. After buying my second Block and shooting it out I took both of them apart and re stacked only the good ones and re band to make a like new and larger target.

Comment

Rinhart= No Repair. Nuf Said!

Comment

Great idea! I'm going to give it a try on the Block 4x4.

I like my practice broadheads dull!

Comment

We tried using foam in our archery club's 3d targets when they got shot up, and it did not work well where multiple archery were shooting them in 3d club shoots. It did not 'seal' well when the arrows were pulled, and crumbled and did not last long. We have used the 3d repair kits with the 'special' foam, like the Cabelas Magic Fix Club Target Repair Kit Item:QX-412199. But it's expensive.

How does your repaired target look after a couple dozen arrows in the new foam? It would be great if a low cost repair were available.

Comment

that's a good idea. I have a black hole target that I have already shot out several spots on it. Thanks again!

Comment

done this for the last couple of years. works well to repair 3d target. if you are worried about how many arrows are gonna shoot at it, set it out at a farther range. for example my uncle and i set up 20 30 40 and 50 yard targets and the foam fixed 3d is the 50 yarder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    We tried using foam in our archery club's 3d targets when they got shot up, and it did not work well where multiple archery were shooting them in 3d club shoots. It did not 'seal' well when the arrows were pulled, and crumbled and did not last long. We have used the 3d repair kits with the 'special' foam, like the Cabelas Magic Fix Club Target Repair Kit Item:QX-412199. But it's expensive.

How does your repaired target look after a couple dozen arrows in the new foam? It would be great if a low cost repair were available.
                    I've nor personally done it on a 3D target. But it has been jam up on our open layer targets. Also, tey make 3 different densities of foam. Maybe you ought on of the denser foams that epand less. Other than that, allI have is hearsay that it has worked well for folks on 3D,

Comment

Guys in the archery club have tried the foam repair kits, and they worked but looked pretty bad. Since we have a budget for 3d targets from out league and club shoots, we pretty much sell them in a silent raffle when they start to get shot up to club member for backyard use, and then get new ones.

I have a no-name block target I bought on sale for $16 at Walmart 3 years ago, and I can't kill it. Kinda amazing how long it's held up.

Comment

Working...
                      X