Great northern sidekick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great northern sidekick?

Has anybody used the great northern side kick out in the woods? I’m debating on getting this or the normal bow mount... haven’t found any reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a Sidekick laying on the pig in that pic! I do not like a quiver in my bow, and after trying many different things, theSidekick is about the only quivering use anymore!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice Bisch... I’m hoping to get my hands on one of sarrels blue ridge soon. I’m leaning towards the sidekick for quiver

Comment

It’s not really very good for stalking, but there is no really good off the bow quiver for stalking. If you are hunting in a tree stand, tripod, or ground blind, the Sidekick is an awesome quiver.

Bisch

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.. I’ll be on public land most of my scouting and stalking hog or making a ground blind set up... I got a little while to feel out my options ..

Comment

That is the quiver I use. Handy while operating four wheeler and I don't like a quiver on my bow.

Comment

What Bisch said.

Comment

I have a sidekick on my longbow. Love the way it works, but it rattles and I can't seem to be able to stop it, so I don't hunt with it. I covered both the wires with two layers of shrink sleeving, then took electricians tape and taped them together. Did not help, it still rattles badly.

I have a friend that has the same problem, so I don't know if there is a fix.

Mine straps on the my limbs with a rubber band at each end. I love it except for the rattle.

Wayne

Comment

Wayne, that’s a different quiver than what’s being talked about in this thread! The Sidekick model is basically the same quiver as the on the bow models, but it is modified with a strap added, and worn over the shoulder, not on the bow.

As for the rattles, most of the time rattles come from not having the proper size grippers on the quiver. When I switched to FMJ’s, I had to order a new gripper so the quiver would hold the arrows tightly.

Bisch

Comment

OOPs, I have a kick back, not a side kick. Sorry!

This thing rattles even with wood arrow in it!

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                    X