Questions for the Show Broiler Familys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
    Is this an idea or a tried and true method?
    run feeder of corn into metal 5 gal bucket. Yes it works, we have shown chickens for the last 10 years

Comment

Tag

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
        Is this an idea or a tried and true method?
        Yes, it works to an extent..... but nothing beats getting a stick and physically moving the birds around
        Raising broilers for 42 days is extremely time consuming, if you won’t drink out of their water, neither will the birds
        Water to feed ratio is 1:1, so if you want your birds to eat, clean water is a must
        Also you must keep ammonia low, this deprives the oxygen out of the pen at low levels
        You can put cheap cat litter or lime under your shavings to help eliminate this
        Exhaust fans set at about 2 1/2 feet above the ground floor in a corner will also help

Comment

Educate me, why do you need to keep them moving?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

I’m was wondering the same thing .

Comment

Same reason we need to keep moving. If we/ they get sedentary, health problems arise. The more they move and active they are they healthier and Bigger they will grow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                I’m was wondering the same thing .
                Every time they move the ****, every time they **** they eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                  Take a deer feeder, screw it close to your wall, put a piece of tin behind it
                  Put some wire on the spinner plate
                  When it spends, the wire hits the tin, lots of noise
                  I thought for sure this was going to be a pea gravel setup. Come to think of it, maybe that's the trick. Set up a feeder with pea gravel in it so that when it slings, some of them hit the chickens and get them moving.

Comment

We are on our first set of broilers and YES these things are very time consuming. So far we are doing good! So far..

What kind extra feed tricks or supplements are y’all using?

Comment

Originally posted by clay4626 View Post
                      some good ideas on here about the last 10 days we cooked cracked corn ,butter
                      and milk then mixed in some of the regular chicken feed. Most important rule
                      don't every let them run out of water. sure miss those days when my boys were showing chickens. I think that chickens is the most EQUAL chance for every kid to win
                      Amen to EQUAL!!!!!

Comment

Sleeping bird ain’t earing

Comment

We just got done showing. Had 3 pens and started with 150 chicks. Many late nights stirring

Comment

Originally posted by clay4626 View Post
                            some good ideas on here about the last 10 days we cooked cracked corn ,butter
                            and milk then mixed in some of the regular chicken feed. Most important rule
                            don't every let them run out of water. sure miss those days when my boys were showing chickens. I think that chickens is the most EQUAL chance for every kid to win
                            Substituting Blue Bell Vanilla for the milk works as well!

Comment

My buddies little girls broilers took reserved champion today at the Victoria livestock show .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                                My buddies little girls broilers took reserved champion today at the Victoria livestock show .
                                Congratulations to the girls!

Comment

Working...
                                X