Bald Eagle hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    The imagery of bald eagles is cooler than actual bald eagles.

They're scavengers. Almost your regular buzzard
    True! Almost did not make our national bird because of vulture like habits.

Comment

This thread had so much potential

Comment

Maybe put up a high fence to keep them local....

Comment

If you notice any protected animals on my property please feel free to have a nice warm glass of shut the h e l l up.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Why????????????????

You want to take away a private citizens land because an eagle made a nest in a tree?

The Government is way too involved in the everyday life of supposedly free Americans as it is.

The birds will be fine! If the landowner causes them harm there's plenty of laws to punish that evil do'er.

Just enjoy them when you see them, and let that be enough.
            I would not want neighbors moving in where i use to have vacant land with bald eagles and privacy. Who want more people living close to them. Especially close to Houston. I dont think this is as much about a bird as it is enjoying "woods around my house have eagles"

Personally am not happy the woods around my house have turned into apt complex and another subdivision. My kids and I use to roam that creek with them doing plant identification and looking at critter tracks. But that is why it is going to be up for sale soon.

Comment

If you have eagles and a nesting pair, you probably want to think twice about destroying it. The developers at Hughes Landing in The Woodlands wish this nest was gone. They were required to put a 6 ft fence around the property giving the nest a certain amount of buffer. Until they abandon the nest for a period of time, the land sits idle. The Feds don't take messing with the birds or their nests lightly.

Nest about where the red circle is.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	hughes landing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	24568087

A pic of the nest.

Name:	American bald eagle 12-31-18-41 (Large).jpg
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	24568089

A pic with the top of the parking garage showing in the bottom of the pic.

Name:	American bald eagle 12-21-18-28 (Large).jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	24568088
              Last edited by Bill M; 01-24-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
                They are still protected by USFWS under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. The nests are protected even if they are not currently nesting. Or atleast require a construction buffer.

Brent Ortego is the Bald eagle guy at TPWD (brent.ortego@tpwd.state.tx.us) he keeps track of nest locations around the state.
                Thanks for posting this...we had a development several years past when I was in land sales and all you have stated is SPOT ON!! Period!!

Comment

Cool pics Bill M. Beautiful bird.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Cool pics Bill M. Beautiful bird.
                    Thanks. This pair has been in the location for many years and they just build around them.

Comment

Two weeks ago I was at academy in Denton university dr/35, came out to get in my truck and a bald eagle swooped right down in the parking lot. Then took off and circled around for about five minutes I just watched in amazement they are truly majestic!

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        Good luck. If you had them nesting on your property I am sure you would want it protected?
                        Well they are, just like any ordinary hawk. They are no longer on any endanger or threatened lists. No special provisions, sorry.jmo
                        Last edited by Thumper; 01-24-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

It has been my stance for close to a decade now, Liberalism is a disease and it's spreading. Any attempt to increase governments authority over a private citizen on there own land is prime example.of that disease spreading.

Comment

click bait

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              click bait

I failed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Everything I wanted to say has been said. Keep up the good work conservatives!

Comment

Working...
                                X