No announcement yet.

Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well just got done shooting my bow, if tonight's sesh was any indication of how the season will go I'm gonna need to look up some tag soup recipes, cause that's all I'm gonna get [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
      More like calculate the probability of you mistaking a doe for a spike this year..[emoji16]

That’s funny I’m not a math major but I think the probability is better than 50/50

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
        That’s funny I’m not a math major but I think the probability is better than 50/50

Well I better do it in October. This dumb couple forgot to put in for the doe permit.

Comment

Good luck hopefully this will be a good year

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
            My son and I hunted SHNF last year. Passed on an 8ptr that could have been debated as a shooter. It was a good lesson for a 10yr old that sometimes it's better to be safe and let animals walk.

We both drew antlerless tags this year as well as youth hunts at Abilene SP, Chap, and both drew Granger.
            Wow, y'all really did well. Granger is the mother load!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Well just got done shooting my bow, if tonight's sesh was any indication of how the season will go I'm gonna need to look up some tag soup recipes, cause that's all I'm gonna get [emoji108]

Gotcha covered. They have it canned now. But it's condensed, so don't eat the whole thing, or you'll be eating it again next year. [emoji16]

Comment

More like calculate the probability of you mistaking a doe for a spike this year..[emoji16]

Now THAT was funny!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                  Gotcha covered. They have it canned now. But it's condensed, so don't eat the whole thing, or you'll be eating it again next year. [emoji16]

I figured I'd give it a try out of one of them fancy sous vide machines you use to cook your backstraps with. These soups tend to be a bit high in sodium for my liking

Comment

Well no antlerless permit for me this year. Before they made the application electronic I got one every year and sometimes two. Now that its online I’ve not drawn one more than I have. Pains me to think how many of them will be wasted by people that won’t even end up hunting there this year. Thanks for listening to my sob story... guess I’ll just have to kill a monster buck.

Comment

I figured I'd give it a try out of one of them fancy sous vide machines you use to cook your backstraps with. These soups tend to be a bit high in sodium for my liking

Oh, you've already tried it.

Kid, you know where you need to be opening day. Let's get in there and find you a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                        Well no antlerless permit for me this year. Before they made the application electronic I got one every year and sometimes two. Now that its online I’ve not drawn one more than I have. Pains me to think how many of them will be wasted by people that won’t even end up hunting there this year. Thanks for listening to my sob story... guess I’ll just have to kill a monster buck.
                        Trust me when I say I know what you mean. The online system is easy for sure. However there are numerous people who apply for the permit that never hunt the Sam. How do we avoid this?
                        TPWD is trying to come up with solutions.
                        If anyone has a suggestion, get with them. They are willing to listen.

Comment

Oh, you've already tried it.

Kid, you know where you need to be opening day. Let's get in there and find you a spot.

I don't remember trying anything out of the sous vide machine. And yep, in my stand with a bow in hand [emoji16]

Comment

I don't remember trying anything out of the sous vide machine. And yep, in my stand with a bow in hand [emoji16]

I meant the tag soup....

Comment

Ah, well I got a doe last year so I didn't get a ton of tag soup. Must not remember the flavor
                              I meant the tag soup....

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                                I was thinking who’s Bryce. I guess you mean Bryant?
                                Yes, I meant Bryant. I don’t know why I can’t get his name straight. LOL

Sorry, Bryant.

Comment

Working...
                                X