Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind is right finally, semi live catfish thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind is right finally, semi live catfish thread!

Perch traps have been soaking since Tuesday afternoon. And if they don't produce a decent number of decent sized baits, I've found a guy that sells both perch and goldfish, he claims he has some up to 7-8"! This evening I will be baiting 50 hooks worth of trotline with half big perch or goldfish and the other half big chunks of cut shad from 10-12" shad my son caught a bunch of a while back. We are also going to run a bunch of single hook free floating jugs using smaller pieces of cut shad and hot dog magic chunks targeting the channels.

Plan is to fish until we run out of energy tonight, grab a few hours of sleep in the camper, then get up in the morning and hit the jugs again and run the lines.

Unfortunately, service out there is real spotty, but I will update as I can with pictures.

Good luck

Comment

Sounds like fun!!

Try some Zote Soap on a few hooks , you wont be disappointed, best and cheapest bait around and I catch more on the soap than live or any other bait. Old man in his 80's learned me about it on lake Tawakoni. I thought he was messing with me but he was right.

Comment

Pure learning question but what does the wind have to do with running lines?

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            Pure learning question but what does the wind have to do with running lines?
            Gets dangerous trying to deal with the hooks while the boat is trying its best to blow away. It isn’t bad with 3 people in the boat so you have one dedicated to holding the boat. I’m usually solo though.

Comment

Where you going? Choke Canyon?

Comment

Where ya fishin? Good luck

Comment

In for pics of a big ol catfish

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Private 1700 acre lake close to home in Angleton.

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
                      Sounds like fun!!

Try some Zote Soap on a few hooks , you wont be disappointed, best and cheapest bait around and I catch more on the soap than live or any other bait. Old man in his 80's learned me about it on lake Tawakoni. I thought he was messing with me but he was right.
                      I've heard that enough over the last couple of years that I just ordered 4 bars off Amazon and will put it to the test in the next couple of weeks!!

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
                        Sounds like fun!!

When I was a kid we did he same thing with Ivory soap..........because it floats.

I was laughing when we tried it. Dang did it work well.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                          I've heard that enough over the last couple of years that I just ordered 4 bars off Amazon and will put it to the test in the next couple of weeks!!

Let it get warm and soft, then you can just pull it off and make a ball out of it and place on hook. If its too hard it crumbles. Its still fishing and nothings a for sure thing but I have caught a bunch on it.

Comment

In for updates!

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun, good luck !!

Comment

Working...
                              X