Oklahoma public land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma public land?

Just got home from a broken bow trip and fell in love with the woods in that part of the country. Anyone ever hunted the NF or any WMA's? Just curious on any information that may be important. How's hunting pressure? (I could see it being packed) Can I get an out of state license for pretty reasonable? I looked online but all I could find was a non-resident wildlife conservation permit. Not sure what that means. Anyways, let the information rip! Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
    Just got home from a broken bow trip and fell in love with the woods in that part of the country. Anyone ever hunted the NF or any WMA's? Just curious on any information that may be important. How's hunting pressure? (I could see it being packed) Can I get an out of state license for pretty reasonable? I looked online but all I could find was a non-resident wildlife conservation permit. Not sure what that means. Anyways, let the information rip! Thanks!

Non-resident archery is $281 And the season is from October 1-Jan 15 (2 bucks 4 doe). Muzzleloader is a 9 day season at the end of Oct and is $281 (1 buck 2 doe). Rifle is a 19 day season beginning the Saturday before Thanksgiving it is also $281 (1 buck 2 doe). The maximum amount of deer you can kill all seasons combined is 6, so if you kill a buck with a bow and a muzzleloader, you can't kill one with a rifle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bow hunting license for NR is $400

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh and any info on time frame for rut? I know there's always charts and stuff but that's not always right or even close

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
          Bow hunting license for NR is $400

Heck did I get $400 bucks from[emoji33] [emoji28]

Comment

Only experience i have is a late season public hunt just outside of Hugo. Hunted early January and all the bucks were grouped up and on a feeding pattern. First evening on stand had a group of 9 bucks stroll by at 70yds. Four of which were nice shooter bucks in the 130-140 class, just couldn't get em in range. Beautiful country, they have some big deer no doubt. Pressure wasnt bad, but again it was late season. Only saw one other Hunter all weekend. Would love to make that trip again someday-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks fellas. I may plan for a trip or two next year.

Comment

Broken Bow and Beaver's Bend is just awesome. Prettiest country withing 3 hours of Dallas. Year round trout fishing. Great riverside camp spots. Great place.

My wife and I went camping there a couple of years ago and went for a horse back ride through the hills and the old fella who lived out there said the black bear hunting was pretty good as well.

Just wish it was all south of the Red River.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                  Heck did I get $400 bucks from[emoji33] [emoji28]

Earlier I posted that it was $281, but it's actually $280

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                    Earlier I posted that it was $281, but it's actually $280

Yes that sounds right.. i remember reading the post about it being $400 and thinking that was high

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                      Yes that sounds right.. i remember reading the post about it being $400 and thinking that was high

It's 283 if you purchase online!

Comment

I might consider trying for a public hunt this year. That license fee sounds reasonable.

Comment

I hunted public land in Oklahoma last year. I ended with a doe and 2 missed bucks and a 150" buck at 60 yards facing me and then turned to chase a doe. Saw deer almost every sit. There is some great land up there.

Comment

I got the permits and everything to hunt Three Rivers and Honobia. Went for opening weekend and saw a couple but no shots taken.

Comment

Anyone else wants to go I'd be happy to have a companion.

Comment

Working...
                              X