Should I replace my string? PIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I replace my string? PIC

My string is frayed around my peep. I would rather not replace the string because of the hassle of re-tuning/set up etc. Do you think it will be ok like this, or am I pushing my luck?
    Last edited by miket; 05-20-2011, 12:48 PM.

If you replace it now you have all of the off season to tune it, shoot it and enjoy it

Comment

Good point. I would hate for it to get worse right before season starts.

Comment

Replace it!

Comment

On the way to the store to get another string, stop and buy a lottery ticket. Your lucky the string is still holding.

Comment

Replace it. If it breaks you might end up with a much worse problem than retuning your bow!

Comment

wow...that is pretty bad. i'd replace if that was mine. i like the lottery ticket comment. Nice!

Comment

Replace the string. It also looks dry as a powder house.

Comment

Replace it, I replace mine every year whether it needs it or not. I just figure that is a part of the bow that is designed to wear out and is bound to affect performance as it weakens.

Comment

I would just buy a new bow!

Comment

Originally posted by Skipshot View Post
                      Replace it, I replace mine every year whether it needs it or not. I just figure that is a part of the bow that is designed to wear out and is bound to affect performance as it weakens.
                      Same here.
                      That string looks bad, I'd replace while its still in one piece, and you have 7months to get it tuned up before deer season

Comment

Replace that sucker. I need to go and order a new one asap

Comment

Replace it, somebody on here tells a story about their "d" loop breaking and their fist hitting them in the face, this could do the same thing.

Comment

If you've never had a string break while you're shooting, you're not missing a life experience I had years ago. Yes it needs to be replaced, cable too if the bow has a both.

Comment

I would replace too but also ask why you have your peep served in so heavy?

Comment

Working...
                              X