Lower Rio Grand Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower Rio Grand Valley

Daughter got drawn for the dec. 21-23 Hunt. ANyone else on here get drawn or have any advice? Pretty excited but don't have clue what I'm getting onto.

Where, Atascosa, East Lake or El Teniente?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

East lake

Comment

Me and my kid will be down same hunt. Introduce yourself. My kid will stand out as he is 6'07". hoping its a good hunt and cold enough the mosquitoes and snakes are not hungry. I too am a first timer and plan to get there a few days before to walk around and get familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Me and my kid will be down same hunt. Introduce yourself. My kid will stand out as he is 6'07". hoping its a good hunt and cold enough the mosquitoes and snakes are not hungry. I too am a first timer and plan to get there a few days before to walk around and get familiar.
          Cool We plan to get there Wednesday evening and scout Thursday before the hunt. My daughter is only about 48" tall. She said she would give your kid $50 bucks for a piggy back ride for 3 days.

Comment

What refuge ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 15yo got drawn for Jan

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                Cool We plan to get there Wednesday evening and scout Thursday before the hunt. My daughter is only about 48" tall. She said she would give your kid $50 bucks for a piggy back ride for 3 days.
                Pics or it didn’t happen if and when it does

Comment

My 16 year old daughter was also drawn for this hunt, we will be heading down Wednesday as well to scout Thursday. We should all meet up in Raymondville. Where is everyone planning on staying?

Comment

The nearest hotel accommodations will be in Raymondville. It has been a long time since I hunted East Lake now that my kids are grown and gone out of the house. There are no facilities (restrooms) there. Last time I went the grass was overgrown quite a bit so it would be best to go there a day ahead and scout like some of you plan on doing already. Just because it is December does not mean there will not be snakes. They still move sometimes down here in the valley in December. Hopefully it will be cold for you guys. I reccomend nothing smaller than a 30.06 or .270 for the hunt. Anything smaller will only tickle a nilgai. Good luck to all of you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t mean to hijack but has anyone not been able to make the “mandatory” orientation the day before your hunt ??

Comment

No I never have but I don’t think this hunt has a mandatory anything. I don’t think they even have staff there at all.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                          No I never have but I don’t think this hunt has a mandatory anything. I don’t think they even have staff there at all.

Your right, no staff there. Sorry I was asking about LAWR. The whole process changed in the last 2-4 years sorry. Not used to this new system

Comment

Working...
                          X