No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to get out and hunt FT Hood this year.

Comment

Wellllllll don't be so fast to get in there unless you have plenty of chain to lock all your stuff down!! theives are everywhere. they'll steal everything you've got!! GOOD LUCK to ya though!!

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
        Well after 8 years I found a private lease outside Lampasas, moved one of my stands and feeder setups off Hood this past weekend. I have been hunting Hood for 8 years and met a lot of good people up there. But happy to say I will not be doing the tele trac lottery this year. Still going to hunt up there occasionally but Hood will not be my primary spot any longer.
        Proud of you man. That is a great deal. I have put bugs in some ears but so far no luck. I have had some invitations and I always jump on them. Still have ETX but 5 hrs is too far to drive every weekend.

Do what you can to stay on the lease buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
          Proud of you man. That is a great deal. I have put bugs in some ears but so far no luck. I have had some invitations and I always jump on them. Still have ETX but 5 hrs is too far to drive every weekend.

Do what you can to stay on the lease buddy.
          Thanks Lance , I found a very good deal with an older rancher. I always hunted E TX also if I could not get into hood, but you are right the 4 + Hour drive got a little old. I only hunted hood 5 times last year and saw a lot of nice deer but it seemed like the areas were closed more than they were open. Plus the thievery has gotten way out of hand ! I lost 2 cameras out there and someone was hunting my stand when I wasn't there. I consistently found garbage in my stand and the doors and windows left open. Still have a lot of great times to come up there but on my schedule

Comment

I'm about done with Hood hunting except for pigs, squirrels, and rabbits. Just too many thieves around. Can't count (in dollars) the amount of gear I've had stolen. The cost is just not worth the deer. If you want to hunt Hood, your best bet is a guided hunt. Thought I'd never say this, but I wish Hood would go back to all guided areas for deer. There, I've said it!

Comment

Looks like the Ft Hood thread is officially dead!

Comment

That time of year

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                  I'm about done with Hood hunting except for pigs, squirrels, and rabbits. Just too many thieves around. Can't count (in dollars) the amount of gear I've had stolen. The cost is just not worth the deer. If you want to hunt Hood, your best bet is a guided hunt. Thought I'd never say this, but I wish Hood would go back to all guided areas for deer. There, I've said it!
                  I'm with you EdO....Might cut down on the thieving that gets done on post. that is the reason I quit archery hunting on posT!!

Comment

Is anybody seeing any hogs on post? me and my brother tried several different times in 2013 and never even saw one. Any info will be very helpful seeing as how he has been gone for over a year he is ready to get back into it.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                      Is anybody seeing any hogs on post? me and my brother tried several different times in 2013 and never even saw one. Any info will be very helpful seeing as how he has been gone for over a year he is ready to get back into it.
                      Sorry, I haven't even been looking lately. If I was going to look, I'd check the two 8's (North and South). Do a lot of walking first, but those are the two areas I'd check. 35 and 36 also have a history of being hog friendly.

Goodd luck.

Comment

What Area's at fort Hood got on fire today?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Eagle2 View Post
                          What Area's at fort Hood got on fire today?
                          Area 43/44

Comment

Saw on the news they might be shutting down training due to the extremely high fire conditions and wind....

Comment

Originally posted by greenshovel View Post
                              Area 43/44
                              Thank You, I called the Sportsman Center yesterday afternoon and they did not know anything about it.

Comment

Gobble gobble gobble!!! Any one hunting this morning

Comment

Working...
                                X