Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Just putting out Rice Bran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just putting out Rice Bran

And one little guy is impatient!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3549.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	25130866

Thats Pretty cool pic

Comment

Stood your pic up. Lol

Feeding rice bran for the first time this year. Deer have that stuff all over their faces! Lol

Skinny

Comment

Thanks Shane!!! Yep they love it. These trough feeders hold 150 lbs some what keeps it contained.

Comment

Cool pic! I put some out this year but they haven't touched it yet. Is that normal?

Comment

Yep that rice bran brings them in quick

Comment

Rich ours got on it right away. I put out hand corn around it and throw a couple of those berry blocks from tractor supply in as well.
              Last edited by BrandonA; 10-20-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Rich ours got on it right away. I put out hand corn around it and throw a couple of those berry blocks from tractor supply in as well.
                Ok, right now the deer are still hitting acorns so maybe after that.

Comment

Man, the deer where I’ve been scouting in the pine trees love rice bran!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve just poured it on the ground. When it gets wet, the deer don’t touch it. Thought about using a trough, but not sure if I’d like cleaning out the funky stuff if it gets rained on. Not real high deer density here....

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                      I’ve just poured it on the ground. When it gets wet, the deer don’t touch it. Thought about using a trough, but not sure if I’d like cleaning out the funky stuff if it gets rained on. Not real high deer density here....

Skinny
                      First year using a trough. Last year the dang hogs would clean it up. The bottom off the trough is 2x6 so water can drain I guess . Gonna put the tin roof up tomorrow but still will get wet some
                      Last edited by BrandonA; 10-20-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post

Skinny

Man my deer will lick it out of the dirt! They don't care what happens to it. It's weird how different deer respond.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I can't keep the coyotes out of it. They come eat it every night.

Comment

I have a 4" pvc pipe about 6' tall. It's tied to a tree and sits on the ground. I have a "rat hole" cut out at the bottom of the pipe and a cap on the top. The deer love it, and it stays dry in the pipe.

Comment

Working...
                              X