No announcement yet.

Dealership puts gas in F350 diesel engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call the dealership, ask for the General Manager. You may be asked the nature of the call before putting you through to his office. I would tell them you were hoping to talk to him before getting your lawyer involved. When you get him on the phone explain the situation and ask if he is aware of it. Ask when you and he can meet to discuss an agreeable solution. Go meet with him with a clear goal of what exactly you want and be prepared to walk out unsatisfied. Also be prepared to hire a lawyer to get the right solution. There is no point ever talking to the service department again. No agreeable solution will be negotiated with them.

Comment

I had a similar situation where as the dealer sold me a new truck with 1500 miles on it.

Truck front windshield leaked like crazy after the 5th return trip within a month back to the dealer, in their shop, I pulled the head liner down and exposed the problem. The truck had been rolled in a wreck.

They put new skin on the truck but the cab cage looked crumpled and someone took a ball peen hammer to try and straighten back up.

They kept putting black tar sealant trying to stop leaking.

I went straight to the head guy in Landmark Chevrolet and the bomb went off.

It turned into a screaming, threatening, and dang near a swing, but I walked out of his office and went and signed papers on a brand new truck that was a upgraded package (cloth to leather) for less money than original finance.

And they paid me back my down payment and my only monthly payment I had made.

Stay on them and don't back up. Take it to the corporate level as well. I did right there in his office, that rat *******!!!

That was 15 years ago and that still burns me up.

GATA!!!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Would be cool if this was Dallas ****ing Dodge.

Guys if you recall I did this to my new 2017 F250. I didn't run 100% gas though. It was right at 20% gas to Diesel after I topped off. Added Lucas treatment and never had a problem. But if a for profit dealership did this I WOULD insist the entire system was gone thru and specific lifetime warranty be in writing.

Sean

Comment

Sad part is, if they swap trucks without replacing the fuel system, someone out there is gonna end up with a flawed “new / used truck”.
          The same low miles semi- new vehicle a lot of people look for when purchasing a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            FYI, Ford, Chevy and Dodge all run the same fuel pump last I checked.
            Only Cummins still uses the trusty CP3

Comment

I am guessing,from a lack of response from the op,he has settled the situation to his satisfaction,and the truck is sitting in his driveway.I am speculating of course

Comment

My guess is from my experience the op is just depressed from the situation.
                Hang in there and don’t give up!
                We have all been there in some way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                  McCree ford stole my truck

some may not get this post.....

Comment

[QUOTE=Spearchunker;12842095]Would be cool if this was Dallas ****ing Dodge.

was waiting for you to chime in

Comment

No matter what they do, are you going to feel good and have faith in your rig? Seems like if anything ever goes wrong, this situation will come back to haunt you. Hard to put a price on that. And, I don't like stuff that ain't right that has a bad vibe. Life's too short to feel pi$$ed about stuff that should be a positive, like a 3 month old truck. I would push for a new truck and talk with the owner, and other Ford dealers. They are always looking to move product.
                      Last edited by cabo390; 10-20-2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                        Would be cool if this was Dallas ****ing Dodge.

Guys if you recall I did this to my new 2017 F250. I didn't run 100% gas though. It was right at 20% gas to Diesel after I topped off. Added Lucas treatment and never had a problem. But if a for profit dealership did this I WOULD insist the entire system was gone thru and specific lifetime warranty be in writing.

Sean
                        What ever came of your ordeal? Didn't they try to sue you for deformation or slander due to all of us writing D*ll*s dodge stole your truck so many times it was actually the first thing that came up on google?

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                          I would have thought gas in a diesel is worse than diesel in a gas engine?
                          It is.

My son once filled my then new Tacoma with diesel. Drove it a block or 2 until it bonked. Friend of mine who is a mechanic towed it to his shop and told me, don't sweat it.... dropped the tank, drained it, refilled . Drove it beyond 120k miles after that.

He said I was lucky it wasn't gas in a diesel engine.

Comment

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
                            I had a similar situation where as the dealer sold me a new truck with 1500 miles on it.

Truck front windshield leaked like crazy after the 5th return trip within a month back to the dealer, in their shop, I pulled the head liner down and exposed the problem. The truck had been rolled in a wreck.

They put new skin on the truck but the cab cage looked crumpled and someone took a ball peen hammer to try and straighten back up.

They kept putting black tar sealant trying to stop leaking.

I went straight to the head guy in Landmark Chevrolet and the bomb went off.

It turned into a screaming, threatening, and dang near a swing, but I walked out of his office and went and signed papers on a brand new truck that was a upgraded package (cloth to leather) for less money than original finance.

And they paid me back my down payment and my only monthly payment I had made.

Stay on them and don't back up. Take it to the corporate level as well. I did right there in his office, that rat *******!!!

That was 15 years ago and that still burns me up.

GATA!!!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
                            That's the way to do it, and if your not built like that then put in writing and threaten a lawsuit. You should leave this situation feeling positive. THEY HAVE INSURANCE for this type of stuff. Trust me they're not hurting. They don't call them stealerships for no reason.

Comment

These motors will handle gas. I know of 5-6 that did it and ran them till they stopped. Simple drain, refill, change filters and oil twice and good as new. You will be fine.... but still sucks that they screwed up that bad

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                These motors will handle gas. I know of 5-6 that did it and ran them till they stopped. Simple drain, refill, change filters and oil twice and good as new. You will be fine....if it not, I will pick up any and all costs for parts going out or becoming defective and the labor of fixing them.. but still sucks that they screwed up that bad
                                Fify.

Comment

Working...
                                X