Bad luck 2 weekends in a row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
    I'm rooting for RifleBowPistol to now post up a happy moment. Otherwise... you're just jinxed and I'm scared your voodoo might rub off on me
    I have a lot of fun, I have been hunting for about 40 years now. I have had a lot of fun, but had more problems than most will ever have in a lifetime. We have had some really wild, crazy things happen too. Even when things go wrong, I still have fun. I really wanted to smash that **** Oneida bow to little pieces. That was the worst hunting bow I have ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      If it can go wrong, it has probably happened to me at one point or another. I do my best to never forget past problems. I could write a book about problems I have had when hunting.
      I think you just did! Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        Glad the stray arrow didn't hit your neighbor. One of my mom's friends had a neighbor's arrow come through her window and hit her in the neck a couple years ago. She survived.
        OMG! Glad she is ok. OP see you are having awesome luck! If you had bad luck you might be in jail right now for shooting your neighbor.

Seriously though, hang tough it will all come together eventually!

Comment

How did your string break when it was just sitting around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            If it can go wrong, it has probably happened to me at one point or another. I do my best to never forget past problems. I could write a book about problems I have had when hunting.

Dang! I have to admit you had me in stitches.[emoji23][emoji23]you might be jinxed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasForever19 View Post
              It's been a rough couple of weeks for me in my hunting life.

This is my first season to deer hunt and with a lot of lurking and some help from my buddy I was hoping for a good season. I've sat a few times with no luck but the excitement of going out is enough for it to be worth it. The last two weekends though I've had the worst luck.

Last Saturday night when getting my stuff ready for Sunday morning I opened my bow up to find the string had broken, it needed to be replaced but I was hoping to make it through the season. I ordered a new string and it came in this week. Got it put on this morning so wanted to do some final tuning tonight before the morning and I'll be ****ed if 15 arrows in the d loop snapped, sending my arrow over the neighbors fence.

I know this is a marathon not a race but man I need a break to catch!

Sorry for the long post and thanks for letting me vent.

Exactly why I don't practice in the back yard anymore. I had one break at nearly full draw once. It went over the fence, a vacant lot, and clean over a church before sticking in the church yard. Scared me to death.

Comment

Still can't figure out why so many people think it's a good idea to shoot a high powered bow in the backyard in a neighborhood. I'm not usually one to get on high horses but if I had been your neighbor I would have tossed that arrow straight up your rectum and then called the cops. No way in heck I would be ok with someone practicing behind my house especially if I have young kids that play out side. Go somewhere else to practice! You talk about bad luck, think how much bad luck you would have if that arrow hit a kid and you spend the rest of your life in prison thinking about that moment the rest of your life! Think about it.

Oh and there is no back stop or precaution that make this ok. Accidents can and will happen!

Good luck in the hunting it! It took me several yrs as well but was well worth it when I finally connected!

Comment

RBP, you sir have some bad luck with that bow!!

We’ve all had bad luck before. Sh it happens...

Shooting a qualifier for Hagerman once my drop away rest broke. If I didn’t make that qual I wouldn’t have another chance for the hunt. Ran to the truck and jury rigged the rest so I could finish. Ran back and finished completely out of breath.

Had my bottom limb hit my knee on release shooting at a Red Stag missing him big time!! Just glad I didn’t wound him...

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    Still can't figure out why so many people think it's a good idea to shoot a high powered bow in the backyard in a neighborhood. I'm not usually one to get on high horses but if I had been your neighbor I would have tossed that arrow straight up your rectum and then called the cops. No way in heck I would be ok with someone practicing behind my house especially if I have young kids that play out side. Go somewhere else to practice! You talk about bad luck, think how much bad luck you would have if that arrow hit a kid and you spend the rest of your life in prison thinking about that moment the rest of your life! Think about it.

Oh and there is no back stop or precaution that make this ok. Accidents can and will happen!

Good luck in the hunting it! It took me several yrs as well but was well worth it when I finally connected!
                    Truth

I put an arrow into the siding of my neighbors house once. Now I will not practice at home!! Ever!!

Comment

I took me about 7 years before I took my first archery deer. Slow down and enjoy the ride.

Comment

It’s always something. I’m on season 5 of bow hunting with no deer to speak of. Plenty of pigs but no deer. I ain’t giving up though!

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                          Dang! I have to admit you had me in stitches.[emoji23][emoji23]you might be jinxed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My wife says the only good thing that has ever happened to me, is me meeting her.

At times I feel like the Bill Dance of bow hunting.

Comment

Working...
                          X