Encounter with a hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encounter with a hog

So, I went fishing this past Saturday and had a very interesting morning. I got to where I usually fish around 6:30 am. So, it was still pretty dark and I would need to hike through some trails to get to where I want to fish and boy! was it thick! As I walked the trails to get to my fishing area, out of nowhere, a 30-40 pound wild hog came right in front of me from the brush. He saw me and he startled himself along with myself lol. Makes me laugh when I think about it. I immediately put my hand on my 1911 in case I needed it. I don't have a permit to hunt this area and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to get him since hunting is restricted to shotgun/archery only. So, with one hand holding my rods and the other ready to unholster my gun in case he charged, I yelled at it and it took off running. On my way to my fishing area, just endless signs of hog activity. Ended up having a fun morning, caught a handful of largemouth (catch and release, always) and that was that. If that happened to you guys, would you of taken the shot? He was literally 5 yards in front of me.
    Last edited by Hunterlo70; 09-26-2017, 02:24 PM.

Nope, no need to shoot one that size, they cant hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
      Good to know! I'm from SoCal so this was my first time seeing one. Pretty cool experience!

Comment

A pig that size is not gonna hurt you.

Comment

Don't kid yourself. I once caught a baby javelina, just a few days old. Took it Back to camp and put it loose into the bed of my pick up. A friend tried to catch it and that little sucker layed his hand wide open. Had to take him in for stitches. Those tusks may not be big but they are sharp as razors.

Comment

Don't be scared of a hog that size. Let's hear more about this fishing hole, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
              Don't kid yourself. I once caught a baby javelina, just a few days old. Took it Back to camp and put it loose into the bed of my pick up. A friend tried to catch it and that little sucker layed his hand wide open. Had to take him in for stitches. Those tusks may not be big but they are sharp as razors.
              A Javelina is not the same animal! 30-40 pound Javelina is full grown!

Comment

A Javelina is not the same animal! 30-40 pound Javelina is full grown!

Yep!

Comment

Pig that small you shoulda used a rod to snatch him up, lakeside brunch.

Comment

Oh yea, and it's OK to actually catch a fish and release him in the grease here in Texas... You don't have to make excuses or explain yoreseff on that...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Aww that's mean lol

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                            Don't be scared of a hog that size. Let's hear more about this fishing hole, lol.
                            Lol I don't mind sharing if you're around the dfw area. Found it last year while waiting on orileys to cut some rotors. Caught some monster fish from there and crappie fishing in the winter is awesome too. PM me if you want to know about it

Comment

That video cracks me up every time. He must've been wearing a hecs suit.

Comment

Working...
                              X