20x40 metal shed builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limited space but going with slab and shell with intent to finish out interior myself.
    what is your opinion regarding must haves in a new shed ???
    thanks for the input

The only thing I wished I put in my 20x40 was a sky light.

Comment

insulation

Comment

It may not be possible but try to put roll up doors on each end to get some air flow when you are working in there.

Comment

Put in min. 36" wide doors. If you can get bigger ones do it. Good luck!

Comment

Sorry thought you where using it for a hunting cabin. I'll be quiet now.

Comment

12' walls 15' center makes it nice for putting large items inside to work on. Closed cell spray foam insulation and a insulated roll up door is 100% must. 2" of foam on the ceiling and 1" on the walls will keep it 15 or more degrees cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. It is worth the extra expense IMO. I couldn't do 2 roll up doors so I have 2 walk thru doors and a roll up when both walk doors are open a good breeze is created. Lots of lights and plugs!!

Comment

Those that have roll ups
                Is 12 ft wide sufficient ?

Comment

Originally posted by bughunter View Post
                  Those that have roll ups
                  Mine is 10' and it works abut backing certain things in there gets a little tight. I've managed but 12' would be better

Comment

Originally posted by bughunter View Post
                    Those that have roll ups
                    I have 12x12 and love it. Never needed anything bigger.

Comment

Haven't had mine built yet, but after everything I've read and suggestions from other folks, LOTS of electrical outlets, plenty of good lighting, insulation, and at least two doors on opposing sides of the building (preferably the north and south sides as that's where our winds around here usually come from)

Comment

Agreed

Comment

I am in the process of building my interior out now. I have a little different layout with a 40x40 but 16' of that is dedicated to the pool side of the building for an outdoor kitchen/storage/bathroom & shower.

I am left with 24x40 for my workshop and I have built out a "tool room" that is 8x12 within that area. Everyone that has seen it loves the idea. The concept is to keep everything tool related in there from hand tools, rolling tool cabinet, power tools and supplies. I have a lot of painting and electrical supplies that will be stored in there as well. I was tired of chasing tools from the house garage to the shop and all over, hopefully this will consolidate that into one area.

Comment

In for pics and details as this develops

Comment

Have any of yal installed a trolley and hoist to the main beam.
                              If so what brand do you recommend ?
                              Last edited by bughunter; 01-20-2016, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X