Fireplace or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireplace or not?

How important is having a fireplace? Im about to start a new house and not real sure I need it. I love having fires when its cold and drizzly outside but thats only about 20-30 times a year at the most. Ive walked in and checked out some very nice new construction houses recently and noticed they dont have fireplaces. Are they a thing of the past? Would you not buy a house because it didnt have one?

Must have for me.

Comment

They're expensive decorations. I'm trying to convince my wife that we don't need one. She insists that it must be added.

I think it's a waste of money. Probably going to cost me 7k at least

Comment

A must

Comment

We loose power in the winter at minimum once a year. I wouldn't build without one... but I've always had one and don't know life without one

Comment

My old house had a large Gas fire place. I hated it because it never would heat the house. Looked awesome.

New house is wood burning. Love it but it’s drafty.

I like the look of a fire place. Or an old wood burning stove

Comment

Spent some time in Brownwood. If the house is built right, it will heat your house
              And if you have plenty firewood.

My plans include one.
              Last edited by Big pig; 02-14-2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

They are good when you put a.couple mounts above them.
                If.you.have one built make sure it has a fan that can blow the heat out into the room and not just up the flu

Comment

Looks like im putting one in.

Comment

My brother and I are designing ranch houses for our new place. There will be a total of 8 fireplaces (9 if you count the Mexican oven in the kitchen). The more the merrier!!!

Comment

My new home is going to have 4, 2 gas and 1 wood burning in the house and 1 wood burning fp outside. So yeah, I gotta have a fireplace.

Comment

In a perfect world I’d have one. However we don’t have one in our current home, and it’s no big deal.

Comment

Without a doubt I would have a fireplace.

Comment

Biggest loss of heat and cooling in new homes but I have one snd would put one in a new build if I built new.

Comment

I myself am going with a wood stove.

Comment

Working...
                              X