No announcement yet.

I'm flusterrated!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes! Definitely signs of over pressure. Ringed primers happens fairly frequently on loads at the upper end of safe pressure (depending on the fit of the firing pin through the firing pin hole). However, when the case flows into the ejector slot, pressure is fairly high. I would have a competent gunsmith check your chamber and throat. Something is causing the pressure to rise quickly. If they were hand loads, I might suspect bullets being seated too far out. Good luck and be safe.

cricman

Comment

One other thing that could be causing your ejector swipes is improper headspace and could explain some of your accuracy issues as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by cricman View Post
        Yikes! Definitely signs of over pressure. Ringed primers happens fairly frequently on loads at the upper end of safe pressure (depending on the fit of the firing pin through the firing pin hole). However, when the case flows into the ejector slot, pressure is fairly high. I would have a competent gunsmith check your chamber and throat. Something is causing the pressure to rise quickly. If they were hand loads, I might suspect bullets being seated too far out. Good luck and be safe.

cricman
        The casings pictured are factory loads.

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        One other thing that could be causing your ejector swipes is improper headspace and could explain some of your accuracy issues as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        I'll be dropping it off this week for the Gunsmith to check it over

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
          You need to give 3rd grade another shot. [emoji23]

Jesus that was hard to read.

Skinny
          Dang Skinny that's brutal but funny as all get out!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Sumtings knot write

Have you clean it?
            I see what you did there! You and Skinny must be kin!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X