About to be down to 1 dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to be down to 1 dog

Guys, it has been a heck of a last 5 months. I had to put down my 14 year old Airedale in November because of old age taking its toll. My 4 year old boxer got real aggressive and she had to be put down which about killed me. I loved that dog more than I care to admit. I’m going to call the vet tomorrow to put down my 17 year old mutt. He’s an ornery old jerk but I still like him. His body is just failing him.

And now I’m down to my last dog. He’s a 12 year old lab who has never been by himself. He doesn’t like to be left alone at all so I’m going to have to crate him or he’s going to dystroy the house. And I am about to be gone for a couple weeks each of the next two months so I don’t think I can get another dog right now. I feel bad locking him up all day when I’m gone but I guess there isn’t much of an alternative. Anyone have experience with something similar? What did you do?

Sounds like he needs a 1.5 year old he can take care of.

Comment

Sounds like you’re a dog guy. Why not get another one for him to play with?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
        Guys, it has been a heck of a last 5 months. I had to put down my 14 year old Airedale in November because of old age taking its toll. My 4 year old boxer got real aggressive and she had to be put down which about killed me. I loved that dog more than I care to admit. I’m going to call the vet tomorrow to put down my 17 year old mutt. He’s an ornery old jerk but I still like him. His body is just failing him.

And now I’m down to my last dog. He’s a 12 year old lab who has never been by himself. He doesn’t like to be left alone at all so I’m going to have to crate him or he’s going to dystroy the house. And I am about to be gone for a couple weeks each of the next two months so I don’t think I can get another dog right now. I feel bad locking him up all day when I’m gone but I guess there isn’t much of an alternative. Anyone have experience with something similar? What did you do?

I was very fortunate to meet someone who takes care of my dogs for free when I’m gone. I stock the fridge and he stays at my house while my wife and I go on vacation or are both out of town for work. My Great Danes are 9 and 12 and can’t handle the kennel anymore so it works out perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's rough to lose one, can't imagine losing three especially in such a short time span. Sorry for your losses

Comment

Sorry about your pups.

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
              Sounds like he needs a 1.5 year old he can take care of.
              We have a 1.5 year old baby he runs over all the time. Neither one of them are that careful with each other at all. It’s comical to say the least. The lab has definitely toughened up the boy.

We will get another dog, I think we are all going to have to deal with it for at least the next few months until I am home for a bit. Don’t want to put the wife in a bind with our boy, an old dog, and a new puppy by herself.

Comment

Sorry for your losses.

Comment

Working...
                X