Baseball gurus Little league bats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    If you can find an Omaha 27” 17oz that is your best option but inventory is getting scarce around the country. Second option is DeMarini Uprising in 27” 17oz with a 2.5” barrel.

There is a gap that is missing for the kids that need a 26” 16oz bat that we had issues getting a bat to pass. It’s a really hard test to pass.
    Amazon has one...

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      All the new USA bats will swing like wood...what a joke!

Just like when they went to those SHETTY BBCOR bats years back in HS and college. All about making $$$$. Stupid
      What's wrong with swinging like wood? All everyone wants to know is "what's the hottest bat?" It was funny when the cf8 was banned to see all the dads clamouring for them, one sold on eBay for over $1000, I just looked and there are 3 on there now from $700-900. The bat was banned because it was surpassing the testing thresholds yet guys are still putting them in their kids hands.

I'd be all for going to straight wood bats.

Comment

Just makes no sense. So i wonder if usssa will go to it also. I saw that easton has one, $79 on just bats... mabye a couple others for sub $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My ll team seems to hit the best with Axe bats and Combats.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            What's wrong with swinging like wood? All everyone wants to know is "what's the hottest bat?" It was funny when the cf8 was banned to see all the dads clamouring for them, one sold on eBay for over $1000, I just looked and there are 3 on there now from $700-900. The bat was banned because it was surpassing the testing thresholds yet guys are still putting them in their kids hands.

The 2017 Zen was banned. That's why the CF8 prices went through the roof. It's still legal.

And no one wants to see 10 - 12 year olds hitting with wood bats!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
              The Zen was banned. That's why the CF8 prices went through the roof. It's still legal.

And no one wants to see 10 - 12 year olds hitting with wood bats!
              Ah, forgot it was the Zen, still can't believe anyone would pay $700+ for a coach pitch bat

Hey, the Mick and Hank and Joe D used wood at 10yo, you just gotta swing harder!

Comment

A rule I heard from someone once was don't pay more then $10 per game that will be played for a bat. I think that is kind of high. With LL maybe playing 8-12 games. I don't think I would pay $80 or more for a USA bat unless I could find a few parents that wanted to split the cost of a good bat for the season. But that is just me. Now select or travel (USSA, Nations, PG, Triple crown) is a lot different. It is pretty easy to play 60-70 games a year plus a lot more practice time. The only exception for paying a lot for a LL bat is the 12U season, the most important year for all stars (IMO). Have to make a run for the series that year. LOL

Comment

Ah, forgot it was the Zen, still can't believe anyone would pay $700+ for a coach pitch bat

Hey, the Mick and Hank and Joe D used wood at 10yo, you just gotta swing harder!
                  Swing harder and know how to find the sweet spot.

Comment

found a easton on amazon for $99. usa stamped, 2 5/8...pretty heavy but at 12 and being dixie he should have no issue getting around on a ball

Comment

Did you play and swing both bats? Who doesn't want to hit the ball harder?

The college game is far more enjoyable with the old bats.

It makes the game alot more boring making little kids swing wood. Almost no need for Outfielders then

No need to buy a good bat for your kids then, just buy the cheapest legal bat no matter how it is Or same with possibly your golf clubs. Just buy a cheap wal mart set lol

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
                        With the new USA approved bats in little league and being able to use big barrel (2 5/8) whats the go to bat? 26" or 27". Local sporting goods store didn't have many options.
                        Easton or marucci was always my bat of choice

Comment

Baseball gurus Little league bats?

My son is currently using the Demarini CF for 11U and he loves it
                          Last edited by Texas8point; 02-07-2018, 05:39 AM.

Comment

The Omaha is in stock on LS website...

I'd take Heath's advice. I ordered the SOLO 618. Should be here tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              If you can find an Omaha 27” 17oz that is your best option but inventory is getting scarce around the country. Second option is DeMarini Uprising in 27” 17oz with a 2.5” barrel.

There is a gap that is missing for the kids that need a 26” 16oz bat that we had issues getting a bat to pass. It’s a really hard test to pass.
                              This, but the Omaha has had Cap issues so we went with the DeMarini

ordered at:

BTW these bats are all HEAVY Omaha and DeMarini are about 1.5 oz heavier than advertised and the Easton has reviews of being 3 oz heavier.

The one we bought seems to have good pop for what it is.
                              Last edited by blntrey3; 02-07-2018, 08:12 AM.

Comment

The LS Omaha is a good bat. We got my son an Omaha 29/19 in a 2 5/8 barrel. He likes it and hits well with it. He's 9u.

$99 at Academy. Academy was giving 20% off you brought in and older bat. They refurbish them and give to youth programs. Not sure if they are still doing this though.

Comment

Working...
                                X