New ride for the wife... 4runner or Q7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any info, good or bad to share on these vehicles? The wife narrowed it down to these two for her new vehicle and after doing some research I haven't been able to decide on one. I've always been a fan of the 4runners but she's not going to let me set it up like I'd want it anyway so need to get the better vehicle out of the two for her and the kiddos.

I’ve never owned a bad Toyota.

Comment

If by Q7 you mean the Audi, those are two completely different vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        Yes Audi. And yes I'm aware of that but leave it up to the wife to narrow it down to those two....

Comment

Toyota is always a good idea.

Comment

my business partner just got a new Q5 and man its nice-he said the Q7 was too big and slow compared to the 5. I haven't been in a new 4runner but it would have to be pretty dang nice to beat the Audi

Comment

The wife liked her 04 4runner so much that when my daughter took it over she got a new one! Hard to beat. The new one is a 16 and is a great ride.

Comment

We have a ‘12 4Runner 4x4. Been bulletproof even after wife decide to play bumper cars. 70k trouble free miles. She loves this one and isn’t ready for a new one yet but says when she gets one she wants another 4Runner. This one will be my run around and hunting vehicle in another year or two

Comment

4 runner all the way

Comment

It really depends on how you define better vehicle.

Reliability - On average, the 4-runner wins this; have heard great things about the newer Audis though

Cost of ownership - the 4-runner wins this too. Audi is a premium vehicle, which will require more dealer type/expense maintenance. Even stupid things like the windshield, breaks, etc. will cost 2X as much.

Niceness / comfort - Audi wins this; while the 4-runner can come decked out, the Audi is a cut above in luxury and ride

In all seriousness, the Audi should probably be compared to the Lexus line, not Toyota line

Comment

If you want her to get the 4runner don't take her to see the Audi. We were between them and Q5 blew 4runner away but did sacrifice slightly used in order to get it in our budget.

Comment

Toyota makes one heck of a vehicle.
                        I'd go toyo

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

I was about to say the same thing. Not even in the same league.

If you want her to get the 4 runner, I wouldn’t take her to drive the Audi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tahoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have an ‘06 4Runner and rolled over 200K a couple months ago. We have never had a problem with it. Considering a new vehicle and have seriously considered another 4Runner. Scared to get something else since this one has been so good.

We do wish it was a bit roomier since we’ve had 2 boys since we bought it new. They do have 2 back rows in some models I think but it takes away your storage. I can’t say anything about the Q7 since we’ve never had one but the 4Runner has been awesome. It’ll save you money instead of buying the Q7 and you can use that extra money for hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X