Ever had a snake in your truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever had a snake in your truck?

For your enjoyment i will start my first thread. Maybe, jusy maybe there will be a response that will help my dilemma. I parked my Cruiser slightly under an oak tree at our land yesterday for a few hours. I was alone. The windows were cracked from 2 to 4 inches. I was prepping a 7 acre pasture for deer and post hunting-season grazing. I then loaded up and headed home. 2 miles down a county road something caught my eye and a 2.5 to 3 ft rat snake was in the passenger floorboard slithering up the middle console towards me but not aggressive. It was just a quick glance to ID, so I wasn't 100% sure. I yelled (like that would help) and slammed on my breaks. Of course all this happened in a split second. Slamming on the breaks I put my eyes on the road and undid my seat belt all at the same time, and quickly came to a stop. When I glanced back down he was gone.

I checked to make sure it was near my seat then drove 50yds to pull off the road. I searched my vehicle thoroughly(it's always filled with farm and shooting stuff) and couldn't find the snake. More than likely it crawled up behind the dash. There was nothing I could do, so I drove 20 minutes back to my house with the snake still in the vehicle. I just kept my legs together in case it crawled out under my feet.

Since then, I have emptied my Cruiser out and left the doors open to see if it would find its way out. I shut the doors last night with a chance of rain and when I opened it up this AM, it smelled like snake.

Not sure what else to do and I hope it didn't get stuck. The vents all seem to be blowing air just fine.

Headed to daughters soccer game now. Wish I had a few extra game cams to set up while my doors are open. That way I might know 100% sure when it's out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Burn it to the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Jscott1112 View Post
      when I opened it up this AM, it smelled like snake.

Ok, what does snake smell Like?

Comment

Nice Cruiser!

I hate snakes. Not knowing would drive me nuts. Moth balls under the seat maybe?

Comment

That 20 minute drive home would have been the LONGEST and most tense drive ever in LIFE!!!! I would have lost my mind lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
            Like a-- that's been soaked overnight in a gut barrel, crossed with uncle Lem's outhouse after a weeks worth of Mexican food and homemade beer, only worse!

Comment

Bad musky stinky and nasty! I is better than a rat any day might want to keep him around.

Comment

Brother in law's brother, caught a rattler and it got out in his van. Never found it, BUT his wife did. In the middle of 635 in Dallas. Stopped, got out, and cops pulled it out. Needless to say he is divorced now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                  Burn it to the ground
                  This is the only logical answer. Next would be to blow it up.

Comment

There was just a distinct odor that was not normal for my vehicle. Some snakes do put off an odor to make them undesirable to prey. Not sure how to describe this odor though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jscott1112 View Post
                      For your enjoyment i will start my first thread. Maybe, jusy maybe there will be a response that will help my dilemma. I parked my Cruiser slightly under an oak tree at our land yesterday for a few hours. I was alone. The windows were cracked from 2 to 4 inches. I was prepping a 7 acre pasture for deer and post hunting-season grazing. I then loaded up and headed home. 2 miles down a county road something caught my eye and a 2.5 to 3 ft rat snake was in the passenger floorboard slithering up the middle console towards me but not aggressive. It was just a quick glance to ID, so I wasn't 100% sure. I yelled (like that would help) and slammed on my breaks. Of course all this happened in a split second. Slamming on the breaks I put my eyes on the road and undid my seat belt all at the same time, and quickly came to a stop. When I glanced back down he was gone.

I checked to make sure it was near my seat then drove 50yds to pull off the road. I searched my vehicle thoroughly(it's always filled with farm and shooting stuff) and couldn't find the snake. More than likely it crawled up behind the dash. There was nothing I could do, so I drove 20 minutes back to my house with the snake still in the vehicle. I just kept my legs together in case it crawled out under my feet.

Since then, I have emptied my Cruiser out and left the doors open to see if it would find its way out. I shut the doors last night with a chance of rain and when I opened it up this AM, it smelled like snake.

Not sure what else to do and I hope it didn't get stuck. The vents all seem to be blowing air just fine.

Headed to daughters soccer game now. Wish I had a few extra game cams to set up while my doors are open. That way I might know 100% sure when it's out.

Just wondering...are you a girl?

Comment

Had a buddy get a chicken snake in his truck once. Cut the AC on high and left the driver side door slightly open. 15 min later the snake came out the door.
                        Worth a try!

Comment

Had a rattlesnake get out in mine last year. They're easy to find though....they make noise.

Comment

Agh quit being a wuss...just get up under that dash with a good flash light. Just make sure you video it for us!

Comment

Exactly like a flaming Cruiser. Duh.

Comment

Working...
                              X