No announcement yet.

interstate or backroads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If road tripping, I take the quickest route. But, upon arrival to destination, I like to go out exploring the area. I like to explore around the area I live too. Just take off aND go down roads I've never been on or haven't been on in a while.

Comment

I will add 10~15min on a 4hr drive to go backways, not much more though. or, if driving somewhere scenic ( like CO) I will add a bit more if travelling in daylight and not really pressed for time.

Comment

I took back roads from Flagstaff Arizona-Denton Texas over Christmas break with the family.
        It only added a few hours but was so worth the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took back roads though the Hill Country one time when I drove from San Antonio to Fort Worth (as opposed to I35). Actually enjoyed the trip instead of the usual. Think it did take me a little longer though.

Comment

I get to travel the state a bunch for work meetings. I usually interstate on the way there to be timely and back roads on the way back to see some country.

Comment

I drive somewhere between 100,000 and 150,000 miles per year so I pretty much take what ever is the fastest and/or the shortest route. The less time I can spend in a vehicle the better. Unless it is my tractor I do like some tractor therapy.

Comment

Not only do I take the back roads but......
                I stop and read the historical markers!

and At my age I stop the second time through to read the historical marker again, because I forgot what it said from the last trip.

Comment

If I'm in a hurry I take the Interstate. If not i like meandering on the back roads.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Night - interstate
                    Day - Depends on route, if im on a schedule, and how long I will be on the road.

Comment

My geometry in high school always keeps coming up, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Nother words, I get to where I'm going without detour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Other than I35 I prefer interstate to back roads unless I'm familiar with the area. For 1 interstates are much safer than back roads. (Proven fact not just my opinion) and I like to set my cruise and kick back. Hard to do on back roads do to all the speed limit changes and small towns.

Comment

Back roads

I'll plan my trip around them.

I love seeing new places, and believe it is about the journey, not the destination.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm starting to take more state roads. But, we are a 62 foot 32,000 pound rolling road block most of the time. Hate holding up traffic. Our top speed is 62 - 65 max.

Comment

Backroads

Comment

If on my bike I take the backroads
                                If in my truck, same.
                                If I'm in a really really big hurry I still take the backroads
                                Friends call me Backroads Ronnie for some resson

Comment

Working...
                                X