Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life and Liberty Outdoors Live Hunt!!!! It's on!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've made a few laps and have laid eyes on our stag. He didn't hang around long, but ran into a tree line about 300 yards down from our bow stand. We got out of there so we didn't bust him out and are just cruising the other side of the ranch for a bit. When Duncan gets here we may all help him try and get on the oryx before we all head to our stands. That is definitely going to be our biggest challenge of the weekend so we don't want to pass up an opportunity on a shot. We'll keep you posted!!

Cruising in the jeep right now, Dad and Trainwreck are in his truck looking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck y'all!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

ORYX DOWN!!!

Duncan got here around 4 and we headed over to the range to get his rifle setup and trigger mechanism ready to go. He can't shoulder the rifle and pull the trigger so his dad rigged up a tripod with a phone scope and a syringe style trigger for him. We shot a few rounds at the range and headed out. We wanted to get on the oryx with him as early as possible, because we knew it was going to be a challenge to get set up and it takes about 3 people to run the gun. Trainwreck and Brandon very graciously gave up their evening hunt so we could be all hands on deck to help Duncan with the oryx. To say these are good guys in an understatement. As luck and answered prayers would have it, we got in the oryx and got Duncan set up. They were in a thick bottom area so we set up the scope on an open hilltop and sent my dad walking the bottom slowly hoping they would ease into the open. The whole group came out just like we wanted, but they bunched up and didn't offer an open shot. As they all started filing off the hill into the next bottom we realized there was one last bull bringing up the rear. He stood perfect broadside at around 250 yards. Duncan and his dad got the rifle on him and Duncan slowly squeezed the syringe. BOOM!!! Perfect shoulder shot, right through the top of the heart and he crashed after about 40 yards. He skidded down the hill on his nose and left a huge trail of grass ripped up behind him. What a perfect evening. Now we can all breath easy and get Trainwreck and Brandon out and ready in the morning. Stag and gemsbok are on the list now!!

Comment

Setting Duncan up at the range.

A quick LDP of his bull.

Comment

Matt you rock brother! Following along!

Comment

Brandon and I got back to the house and decided to go jump in a bow stand for the last hour or so of daylight while Chris and Shay caped and quartered the oryx. Dad and Trainwreck headed out for gemsbok. They've been gone about 30 minutes and we just heard two rifle shots from their direction. Couldn't tell on the first shot, but the second shot was followed by a solid thud. I would bet we have a gemsbok down.

Comment

Way to go Duncan, awesome.

Comment

Whitetail and one nice white fallow here at our feeder.

Comment

very nice, how many acres are you all hunting?

Comment

No news must mean they have been caping the gemsbok

Comment

Ok sorry, got a little busy around here. About the time Chris and Shay finished the oryx, Trainwreck busted a gemsbok and gave us some more work to do. We are done with both now and just finished eating some brats and sausage. Everyone is heading to bed to get ready for a new day. 2 down, 1 to go. We've never killed two on a Friday night so Brandon has run of the ranch tomorrow. The stag is in trouble.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              very nice, how many acres are you all hunting?
                              We are on 640 acres.

Comment

Awesome and thanks for what you are doing for these people. God bless you all

Comment

Working...
                                X