String trackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot a doe with one years ago.
    As I followed the string, I was amazed that the doe went through places that I would have not thought a mouse could pass through.

Comment

Gotcha Bisch. Is there still plenty of line left after I pull that much out. AND what poundage line do you recommend?

Comment

Used one on my first bow I the early 90's, hated it

Comment

Bisch at the risk of sounding like a dumb---, are you saying to cut that line off that you pull out or do you leave it just laying on the ground or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
            Bisch at the risk of sounding like a dumb---, are you saying to cut that line off that you pull out or do you leave it just laying on the ground or what?
            cut it off. There will still be plenty of line left inside the spool.

Comment

Thanks Todd

Comment

The 17# test spool starts out with 2500' of line. You pull out 100-150', and you still have plenty left for multiple shots.

I have only used the 17# test line. They just came out with the 30# test a while back, and I have a bunch of spools of the 17#, so I ha e not tried the 30#.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What Bisch said! He turned me on to them a couple years ago on a bear hunt. Been using them ever since.

LD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On a compound the old style screwed into the stabilizer hole. I have not One of those on my recurve.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll echo Bisch!
                      I won't hunt from a stand without one or hog hunt without one unless I'm spot and stalk hunting!
                      Also like Bisch said, they won't save you on a bad hit but will save your bacon (most of the time) on good hits with bad blood trails. Sometimes things just happen ...

Comment

Apparently there is a strap on model as well.

Comment

Thanks y'all. Going to order one tomorrow (if they have a strap on) . Bow is an old Bear recurve. Think I'll try the 30# line.

Comment

I shoot a 3 piece recurve and made a bracket that I bolt under my bottom limb bolt, then put a bolt through the bracket into the tracker. Cheap, but works well

Comment

Thanx for the links gentlemen.

Comment

Three Rivers sells them as well if you would just like to pay $10 more.[emoji3]

Comment

Working...
                                X