OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoytHouser View Post
    I found this rub in Detroit TX and it is just over 6 feet tall. I am not aware of a deer rub that is that high, any thoughts? I also didn't see any obvious claw marks that would indicate a cat

https://www.flickr.com/photos/539780...posted-public/
    It's possible that there's a red stag or elk on the loose from a nearby HF ranch. At least that would explain the height of the rub, but other than that I have no idea

Comment

Are we going to kick off another thread for 2017-2018? Or, continue here. I look forward to another good thread with you all.

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      Last year, Jooger's thread became the Campfire for us East Texas hunters.

I figured I would go ahead and start another one in anticipation of the upcoming season for us hunting in East Texas. I've been reading through Jooger's thread from last year and lots of good hunts and good times.

I lost my place in Madison County last season so I will be confined to hunting the property I live on and a small bow lease I share with another TBH'er just down the road here in Montgomery County. I'm currently looking for a lease opportunity for my and my boys but with the season fast approaching, I guess we will just concentrate our efforts close to home.

So let's get this going...share stories, trail cam pics, set ups, family, campfires, live hunts and so on and so forth. From what I'm hearing and seeing, it's going to be a great season!

Comment

I'm sure one of the E Tx. Greats will start a 17/18 soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone started a thread for this season?

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
            Has anyone started a thread for this season?

Doesn't look like it

Comment

Y'all scared to start a thread? Heck anyone can do it! Y'all want me to get one kicked off? I mean I did have 3 bucks in the past 36 hours slick off, so it's getting that time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 8k pics of hogs...that's has to count for something. And one respectable buck that got a year older showing up regularly. He hasn't kept a rack intact the past 3yrs, so not sure why he'd change things up now.

Comment

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                  Y'all scared to start a thread? Heck anyone can do it! Y'all want me to get one kicked off? I mean I did have 3 bucks in the past 36 hours slick off, so it's getting that time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nice!! It is beginning. Start one up, it's about that time

Comment

I am hunting in murchison and have hogs day and night. One of my feeders had 10k pics without a singled deer. All of that being said I hunted last Sunday and saw five little buts ranging from six points to young 8s and 10s that were only 60 yes from the feeder. Acorns are making it tough to hunt over corn but it was encouraging to see them scuffling around a little bit. I am optimistic about the cold front in about -0 days and hopefully that will get them up on their feet a little bit more.

Comment

Working...
                    X