Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit bull and Rotwieller just killed three calves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ve had more trouble with the white Great Pyrenees dogs at our cattle pasture and at the deer lease. Originally dogs came from wild canines so yes they all have a level of wanting to hunt.

Comment

If I was your dad I would've shot them too and billed the owners. If I was the renters I would pay for the calves, I'm not letting some old arse thinking he owns me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        You think your Dad “owns” them now? Gotta be more to the story if so. What happens when they change their mind and tell him “no” when he comes calling? What happens when they move out?

Sorry man, but it sounds like all your Dad owns is a couple dead calves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I agree with this. They were in the wrong without a doubt. But if I were them I would have offered to pay what I owed and told the old man to kick rocks. I'm a slave to no one. They seem to be trying to do what's right, they eliminated the problem.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

As kids my brothers and i were riding w/ our grandfather back from town one day. As we go down the road, our grandfather sees a dog chasing his sheep through the pasture. He gets out, grabs his Winchester '94 and kills that dog dead. We go and load up the dog, and take it down the road to the neighbors place.

Grandfather gets out and walks up to the door and knocks on front door. Neighbor answers the door.

Grandfather: Hey ____________, your dog was chasing my sheep in the pasture and i killed him. He's in the truck.

Neighbor: You did the right thing. Leave him out there and i'll bury him.

Grandfather: Boys, unload the dog.

We unloaded the dog and off we went. One of my most vivid childhood memories.

I just re-read the backstory: Question - If the people killed one dog, and sent the other away, and your dad called it good, how does he own them? If i was the other folks i'd consider it "done" based on your dads remarks. I wouldn't feel i owed anything more. Just trying to understand the thought process.
          Last edited by mikemorvan; 11-18-2020, 07:53 AM.

Comment

My uncle had a HF ranch with breeder bucks in pens, three pits from down the road got in and killed one of his bucks, my uncle found them in the pen and killed all three pits. Later when the dog’s owners came home he told them what happened and the owners apologized to him.

I’d kill those dogs in a heartbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              Oh I think he will be seeking restitution

I agree, but this needed to be dealt with legally. Without the law behind him what can he really do? According to the OP it was basically a verbal agreement of some sort. Like I said there’s probably more to the story he hasn’t told us yet.

Comment

Sounds to me like the dog owners were remorseful and did what they needed to to make sure it didn't happen again. I think your dad handled it well.

Comment

I have a neighbor who’s dog kills fawns. Kill any feral dog on the place......neighbor’s dog included. Livestock killing dogs get dead & expensive.

Comment

Of all dogs that kill our calves. Rots and chows make up 95%.

If they ain’t got a collar.... well .... I gotta ranch. It’s my job, I do t sell cars during the week and use them as lawnmower

If they do have a collar, and I CATCH THEM, they run off and I bill owner and file with sheriff dept. next time even seen on property..... aliens abduct them

Comment

Your Dad should file lawsuit and a lien against the property. Other than that he owns three dead head of cattle

Comment

So, is this going to turn out that the renter is a hot 20-something female that likes your pops? Otherwise I would have been looking for a cash reimbursement for the livestock.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          My uncle had a HF ranch with breeder bucks in pens, three pits from down the road got in and killed one of his bucks, my uncle found them in the pen and killed all three pits. Later when the dog’s owners came home he told them what happened and the owners apologized to him.

I’d kill those dogs in a heartbeat
                          No doubt - I’m sure a breeder buck is multiples more expensive than 3 calves

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
                            There is a back story to this. My father bought 18 acres of a dairy, just to get the barns and corrals that are next to our property. An a-hole neighbor bought the rest of the dairy, thinking he could force us out.

They renovated the dairy farm house, then rented it to the dog owners.

We are in a war, with a dip-s--hit, named Bill Lampman.

Here is how my old man wins.
                            Dog Owners: We killed one dog, and the other has been sent to the pound.

Dad: So, you have gotten rid of the dogs. We are good. You killed the dogs, and I will accept the loss of calves.

Dog Owner: Thank you! I am sorry! What else can I do?

Dad: What ever I ask, and you will not question it.
                            Maybe, your dad is in fear of them. He could be thinking they are cooking meth and not someone to mess with. There are people who have pit bulls for this reason.

Comment

They would have been laying with
                              the dead calf's when I was done

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
                                Dog Owner: Thank you! I am sorry! What else can I do?

Dad: What ever I ask, and you will not question it.
                                Sounds like a real ahole reply after they got rid of the dogs, agreed to pay restitution and apologized. and

Comment

Working...
                                X