No announcement yet.

Why no open carry during bow season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOTE: A firearm may be possessed in camp, in a motor vehicle, or while hunting lawful game other than whitetail or mule deer and turkey (e.g., exotics, feral hogs, squirrels).

Comment

You can't carry when you are "in the act of bowhunting". Any other time is fine. I really don't have a problem with it. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
        You can't carry when you are "in the act of bowhunting". Any other time is fine. I really don't have a problem with it. JMO
        You don't have a problem with the arbitrary suspension of your 2nd amendment rights?

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
          where are you seeing that you can't carry when you are "in the act of bow hunting?"

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
            You don't have a problem with the arbitrary suspension of your 2nd amendment rights?
            Where are our 2nd amendment rights in an airport? In a school? In a sporting event?

The law is there to protect deer during the archery only season. If you have it in your possession as "open carry", you are in violation. Private property or not. If you don't agree with the law, either get a CHL, don't carry or don't deer hunt during the archery only season.

Send an email to David Sinclair at TPWD and I'm sure he'll answer any questions....

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
              Where are our 2nd amendment rights in an airport? In a school? In a sporting event?

The law is there to protect deer during the archery only season. If you have it in your possession as "open carry", you are in violation. Private property or not. If you don't agree with the law, either get a CHL, don't carry or don't deer hunt during the archery only season.

Send an email to David Sinclair at TPWD and I'm sure he'll answer any questions....
              None of those places are on my property I can assure you of that

And since you seem to be a supporter of the law, riddle me this Batman....
              What exactly is the point of telling me I can't carry a pistol on my own **** land if I happen to have a bow in my hand? How does it make sense that I can sit in a blind on September 29th with a rifle and hunt hogs? Couldn't a Booner walk out and get shot since I obviosly am just itching to break a game law? I take my constitutional rights pretty serious and I don't like having them suspended on my own property for what I might do. Hell, how about we suspend the first amendment when you are watching TV on your own couch, that makes about as much sense as this law

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                None of those places are on my property I can assure you of that

And since you seem to be a supporter of the law, riddle me this Batman....
                What exactly is the point of telling me I can't carry a pistol on my own **** land if I happen to have a bow in my hand? How does it make sense that I can sit in a blind on September 29th with a rifle and hunt hogs? Couldn't a Booner walk out and get shot since I obviosly am just itching to break a game law? I take my constitutional rights pretty serious and I don't like having them suspended on my own property for what I might do. Hell, how about we suspend the first amendment when you are watching TV on your own couch, that makes about as much sense as this law
                I'll answer your question with another question...

Can you carry lead shotgun shells in your possession while you're duck hunting? No... IT'S THE LAW ~ YOUR LAND OR PUBLIC LAND!

Comment

Originally posted by aceshooter01 View Post
                  NOTE: A firearm may be possessed in camp, in a motor vehicle, or while hunting lawful game other than whitetail or mule deer and turkey (e.g., exotics, feral hogs, squirrels).
                  So, what if I were hunting pigs with my now and a pistol during archery deer season? If a deer steps out, could I not shoot it with an arrow?

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
                    So, what if I were hunting pigs with my now and a pistol during archery deer season? If a deer steps out, could I not shoot it with an arrow?
                    If you have your CHL and pistol is concealed, yes. If no, you're breaking the law for bow hunting a game animal in archery ONLY season.

Comment

that is like saying suppressors will help people kill deer illegally.

bottom line outlaws are going to outlaw no matter what. why are we punishing regular citizens for what criminals do?

you see where that family was shot. dang guns i guess we need to take all guns away.....

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        If you have your CHL and pistol is concealed, yes. If no, you're breaking the law for bow hunting a game animal in archery ONLY season.
                        But I was hunting pigs.....

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                          We all know that the weather dont get cold down here yet. What if you run into jake
                          Who the heck is this Jake character? Should I be worried?

Comment

You can hunt pigs with a weapon, as long as you give a courtesy call in ahead of time to the local game warden, so says Austin headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
                              that is like saying suppressors will help people kill deer illegally.

bottom line outlaws are going to outlaw no matter what. why are we punishing regular citizens for what criminals do?

you see where that family was shot. dang guns i guess we need to take all guns away.....

Why are there antler restrictions?
                              Why can we only take 1 or 2 bucks?
                              Why can we only take 3, 4 or 5 deer?
                              Why can we only take 4 turkey?
                              Why is there a limit on bass?
                              Why can't you spotlight deer?
                              Why can't you use a telephone crank for fish?

See where this is going?

If you look at it like you said "why are we punishing regular citizens for what criminals do", then you can look at EVERYTHING that way...

Comment

Why are there antler restrictions?
                                Why can we only take 1 or 2 bucks?
                                Why can we only take 3, 4 or 5 deer?
                                Why can we only take 4 turkey?
                                Why is there a limit on bass?
                                Why can't you spotlight deer?
                                Why can't you use a telephone crank for fish?

See where this is going?

If you look at it like you said "why are we punishing regular citizens for what criminals do", then you can look at EVERYTHING that way...
                                no i dont see where your going. those are game restrictions they change all the time. they have nothing to do with the 2nd amendment RIGHTS.
                                Last edited by crittergitter; 09-20-2012, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X