Urgent age and score needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent age and score needed

I really need everyone's help on this. We have a good management plan in place and only shoot what we consider trophy bucks 4 1/2 and older. I won't tell you what my opinion is so I don't sway anyone's opinion. I want honest opinions of age most importantly and then score. One of our hunters plans to shoot this buck opening weekend. The first four pics are of this deer as an 11 point last year. The last six pics are him as a 14 point this year. We can tell it's the same buck by a growth on it's belly and a split ear. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files

I see a 2.5 YO last year and a 3.5 YO, this year... score doesn't matter. too young to shoot. In my opinion you should wait until 6.5 to shoot your trophies minimum. You'll get so much more out of your program.

Comment

I can't see him being over 4 myself.

Comment

He looks like a 3.5 to me this year- He looks really young last year

Comment

Fairly obvious he is a younger deer
          If u are set on a good management lease then he needs to pass on his DNA
          However if u have never taken a bow deer let the sticks fly!

Comment

Maybe 4.5 but no older, and I almost think younger. I am not good with scoring.

Comment

He's 4.5 at the max
              If I had to follow your lease rules I personally wouldn't shoot him because there isn't enough evidence in my opinion to distinguish him solidly at 4.5 rather then 3.5.
              As for score, I'll say 131-135

Comment

I agree on waiting longer if possible. We have neighbors involved that make waiting longer difficult. I 100% 6 1/2 would be better.

Comment

I see a 3yo and a good one at that.

Comment

I see a 3.5YO with tons of potential. He could be a true giant one day if left another couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                      I see a 2.5 YO last year and a 3.5 YO, this year... score doesn't matter. too young to shoot. In my opinion you should wait until 6.5 to shoot your trophies minimum. You'll get so much more out of your program.
                      Agreed. If hunters shoot bucks at 4.5 their potential will never be realized. Your program will become stagnant and the harvest of a buck at max antler production will be the outlier instead of the norm. BTW, our trophy buck requirement is 7.5 years.

Comment

3.5 max

Comment

Great 3.5 year old is what I see.

Comment

Keep them coming guys. I really appreciate the answers.

Comment

I think he is a 4.5 year old deer. Pics from last year really show him good and he looks like a 3.5 yr old with the flat belly, long legs and long face. Lots of potential but I would not shoot him. Good looking buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X