Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a Black widow I'll bet!

Comment

Losthog, That's why I always like my arrow to get to the deer before he sheds....... But sometimes there is an up side to a slow arrow, you spine them on the way back up.

When their head is up I find they don't duck as fast/much.

Comment

Marty, I diserved that.

Javelina, I don't think a 20 cam compound bow would have been fast enough the way he scooted.
        Last edited by LostHawg; 10-25-2006, 04:47 AM.

Comment

I will be using my trad gear out of my Matrix this weekend. The shot is 15 yards to the feeder. I will certainly aim low when the deer give me a shot.

Comment

good luck 2050Z

Comment

I always try to catch the deer commited to an extend step on the side that i am shooting on, it works wonders in the fact that they cannot move much when the muscles are commited, and it has vastly improved my kill percentage!

Comment

I always focus just below the point of elbow and seems to work for me.
                Attached Files

Comment

Only problem with shooting just below the body line, is about the time you think ya' got'em figured out you'll start shooting under everything, I shoot at the pocket and hope for the best.

Comment

Aim at where you want your arrow to hit....one time a deer will drop the next he could easily raise up.....wait until the animal is relaxed, don't rush the shot. Also make sure your bow is as quite as possible, check your brace height and move it to make your bow quite. Add mole skin to where your string touches your limb and add mole skin your rest/shelf....

Comment

Danny, two things....

1) Aim lower 2) Shoot faster Arrows, yours are to slow!
                      3) Hunt slower deer!

Did I say two? Hmmmmm.........

LD

Comment

Working...
                      X