Toyota: Would you rather....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota: Would you rather....?

Assuming an apples to apples comparison, would you rather buy a new 2014 Toyota 4Runner for $35k out the door or a used 2010 with under 50k miles for $28k out the door? (These are both the new body style)

If you like answering questions please feel free to elaborate on your price point, mileage, and year model that it "makes sense to you" to buy used vs new. At this point, I'm only interested in 4Runners.

I'd buy the 2014. It's 4 years newer, no miles, and not a whole lot more money.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      That's my thought as well. good luck on your new rig

Comment

is the 28k on the used one after you negotiated down, or before?

Comment

Should be able to get that '10 cheaper than that.

Comment

The 2014 has a different front grill and you'd get to choose the options that you really want. The only way getting a used 4runner for a deal would be to get a 2013. That's just based on payments due to longer loan length. You'll love the 4runner once you get it.

Comment

I would buy new. Your not buying someone else's problem.

Also, generally you can get better financing for new vs used. You may be able to have the same payment on the new one or even lower.

Comment

I'm not buying anything any time soon. Just doing some homework. My inclination is simlar to yalls....the price gap is getting so small that new is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  Originally posted by Freight Mover View Post
                  I would buy new. Your not buying someone else's problem.

Also, generally you can get better financing for new vs used. You may be able to have the same payment on the new one or even lower.

These, and you get the full factory warranties. Plus, I think Toyota offers free maintenance for 2 or 3 years on new purchases.

Comment

Agreed. If the price difference was a bit larger I would go used without question. At these stated prices the new one seems to win.

Comment

Talkin yourself into the new one, ehh?

I'd get the new one.

Comment

How about a 2014 (brand new) at the end of the year, once the 2015s are out. Would that sweeten the price?

Comment

Buy what you can afford...................

Comment

For those prices I would buy new.

Comment

New...

Or the used one for $25000.00!

Comment

Working...
                              X