No announcement yet.

Got Hit - Wear Those Snake Boots Yawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wear cowboy boots when Im out filling feeders or doing anything in the woods. I know they are not snake boots but they will give me better protection then most. Glad you are ok.

Comment

copperheads are so short tempered!!!
      Last edited by xman59; 07-25-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

thanks for the reminder, I am leaving the office and heading to the ranch in about 15 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by hcshooter View Post
          Had I been wearing either sneakers or crocs I would be at or on way for med attention.

This sucker hit me high too above the ankle towards lower calf is what I could tel and dang um they have some force behind it. When not expecting it , it will sure startle the bejeziz out of ya.
          Glad you were wearing your snake boots for sure. Copperheads don't mind one bit reaching out and hitting something in their range. One of the more aggressive type. Did you see any venom on your boot where it hit you?

I worry even with snake boots on. I've seen some big rattle snakes that were able to hit above a set of snake boots. Friend of mine had a very big momma rattler that was capable of it. She could easily hit you above the knees if you got at the right angle. I saw some of her missed strikes that would've landed in that area of a human. She was a very mean snake.

Comment

Glad you had boots on Curt...that could have been real ugly.

Never understood the folks that go without snakeboots wearing it like badge of honor while trusting only their eyes

Comment

glad youre ok

Comment

Just talked to one of my buddies he got hit by one last week an is still in bed

Comment

Thanks for the reminder

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Glad you had boots on Curt...that could have been real ugly.

Never understood the folks that go without snakeboots wearing it like badge of honor while trusting only their eyes
                    Im guilty of not wearing or owning any. No particular reason other than I never really though about it. I'll be heading to the Justin outlet to see if they have any Chipps in my size though. My boy does have a pair that he wears any time were at the lease or riding 4 wheelers in the pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
                      Im guilty of not wearing or owning any. No particular reason other than I never really though about it. I'll be heading to the Justin outlet to see if they have any Chipps in my size though. My boy does have a pair that he wears any time were at the lease or riding 4 wheelers in the pasture.

Good for you. Most aren't fatal from what the "pros" say but with my luck, I'd be a negative statistic and it only takes one well hidden one to defeat the eyes. Not to mention it would ruin your weekend and be very expensive. I'd rather use both and cover all my bases like hcshooter just did...

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                        Or Crocks
                        What wrong with Crocks in the field just kidding.

Comment

Glad your ok and still here to give us all a reminder

Comment

Glad you had S/B on I never go alone any more

Ron

Comment

If nothing else get some of the lightweight chaps

Comment

Glad you had your boots on, it's definitely a wake up call. Never been hit before but I usually, almost all of the time, mostly, have my snake boots on.

Comment

Working...
                                X