Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video of 100 Turkey LBJ Grasslands 2005

The most turkey I have ever seen at one time. LBJ Grasslands

This was the most turkey I had ever seen at once ever.

Tool Master

Isn't all those turkey on private property off unit 29? The pond that is showing in the bottom of the scene looks like one that is along a certain fence line on private property.

There are several units that hold a lot of turkey, 28 use to be good and there are several more up front by private property. One year my brother, nephew and I (2004) saw so many turkey that we all tagged out that year. My brother took 3 with one shot, I took 3 with 3 shots in a matter of a couple of minutes. But last year the turkey was not there, the drought has made them go other places (private property) and in unit 31 to where there are 100 hunters. Last year me and two more hunters were calling each other with in a few yards of one another. That was funny.

Comment

The first part of the video was on Greenwood RD.

They were on private land going towards area 70. The second part of the video was on Old Decatur Rd. Private land. That is where the mother load of Turkey were. There were two groups of turkey that eventaully merged to a larger flock. The Drought probably had something to do with that. One group used to hang on public land by Flat Rock Cemetary area 45.

Does anybody know if they still hang out there or not? Now I only see them by those big new houses on the right. They are like clock work though. Everytime I go out there I see them. I took this photo 2-4-0. Does anybody know if Clear Lake has water in it in area 41?

Come Back,

Tool

Last edited by Tool Master; 02-07-2007, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Public land that is heavily pressured is tough to turkey hunt since they can take off and fly to private property relatively quickly. I've always found turkey hunting on public land harder than deer hunting on public land, and its not easy.

Comment

I'm thinking after all this rain and snow we have had, most little ponds have some sort of water in them. I know in unit 31 past the pines there is several groups of turkey. Last season I sat before day light and could hear them gobble right in front of me and then in about 8 other places down the creek. But this area has more hunters than I think turkey in it..hahaha. I am going to hunt in my usual area and see what comes of it.

Comment

Working...
          X