TPWD Draw Hunts - New this Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
    Unsure if anyone knows but ..... Will the .pdf of hunts / locations be available only when the system opens for submitting entries or is the plan to have it out for review early?
    I would expect that when they come out with "the book" you will also be able to apply.

Comment

Any word on when the system will be up and running?

Comment

This is gonna be really confusing for about the next 3 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
          This is gonna be really confusing for about the next 3 years...
          Well, if your like me, and already confused,...then it will all make sense.

Comment

On July 1st I was just checking to see if the system was up. It was because I happened to catch it when they were doing a test. I was told none of my entries would be counted because it was a test. Fortunately I had just signed up for the free e-postcard hunts. Any ways the lady said July 7th was the target date to go live. So heres hoping.

Comment

Looks like it is up!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Question:

Looked in the FAQ section online... it covered every field except this one.

How does '1-4 people per application' work?

If you sign 1 other name and are drawn and are you both given a permit? Is this dangerous to do, because if you are drawn 8th in a 8 permit draw you may get rejected?

or

Are both allowed on the same permit, but in the same compartment/blind? In this case are the fees per adult or per permit?

Comment

There is only one hunt that matters to me, but I added a few more to the cart for the heck of it.

Good Luck Folks!

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                      Question:
                      How does '1-4 people per application' work?
                      Curiosity got the better of me and I called the hotline.....

If you, for example, sign up for 2 in your party in a max 8 permit hunt...

1) if you are drawn 1-7th you will each win a separate permit. Just like you both won separately.

but...

2) if you are drawn 8th, the draw system will skip you over for the next winner with 1 hunter in the party.

So.... while it is nice to have buddies on the hunt, it is a bit dangerous to your odds.

Comment

Well my work productivity for the day just went in the tank.

Comment

Where is the map located? Haven't been able to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                            Where is the map located? Haven't been able to find it.
                            Here.... https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi...nt-areas.phtml

Comment

I like it so far

Comment

That was a fast 60.00.

Comment

Working...
                                X