Stump Feeder #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stump Feeder #2

Ok its not really a stump,But thats what I call it. Stump feeder prototype #2. Holds 200# of corn.
    Attached Files

Good idea. How good does the corn fall out, or does it get clogged easily?

Comment

is it pinned/anchored to the ground?....inot, then once the pigs rfind it..you need to look for it

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
          is it pinned/anchored to the ground?....inot, then once the pigs rfind it..you need to look for it
          Same question.

Comment

BTW...I like it

Comment

that will work.

Comment

Looks like you may have buried a third of the drum? Is the lid just sitting on there/gravity? It would be great if you explained the design, and maybe took a pic of whatever you did to the inside.

Good luck/ happy hunting

Comment

There is a 4' round 3/4 piece of treated plywood bolted to the bottom of the drum and barred about 4" or so.I have a thick plastic chute at a angle inside to feed the corn onto the plywood. I cut about 10" off the top of the drum.Feeds pretty good with a 1 1/4 hole. This is my 2 test run. Last year I built one and it fed to much and all the corn would not come out. I hunt in east Texas and the big bucks seem to be deathly scared of feeders,Will see what happens with this one? Hopefully the hogs won't tear it to shreds.

Comment

Great idea and looks good. Hope you don't get hogs into it. They'll destroy it

Comment

Nice

Comment

I've got several quail milo feeders operating on this same concept. They work great until they get clogged. I just take a stick and work it around in the feed hole and unclog it. Cheap and effective. Good work.

Comment

Stump Feeder

Originally posted by jmangrem View Post
                          I've got several quail milo feeders operating on this same concept. They work great until they get clogged. I just take a stick and work it around in the feed hole and unclog it. Cheap and effective. Good work.
                          That's good to know. The next one I'm going to build will have feeding cup off the drum.Let's see how that works.

Comment

I like it.. The hogs at my place would love it..

Comment

Originally posted by pigsticker64 View Post
                              I like it.. The hogs at my place would love it..
                              x2

Comment

Working...
                              X