Installing quiver inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing quiver inserts

I'm fixing to install some threaded quiver inserts to my Red Wing Hunter. I'm assuming I should unstring the bow to drill the holes, correct? Anything else I need to be aware of?

Pilot them first. Or just buy a slip on quiver.

Comment

Put masking tape on the wood and scread it down as tight and flat as you can. That way the bit will not pull up any slivers of wood as it goes in.

Use a depth stop on the bit so you don't go all the way through. At a minimum wrap tape around the bit marking the depth you want.

Do you have the inserts. I may have some you can have.

Comment

I hate that you are doing this. Have you tried finding a factory quiver that uses the limb mounts?

Comment

Your bow but I'd find a slip on quiver, many models & styles that would work for you

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
            Your bow but I'd find a slip on quiver, many models & styles that would work for you
            2X

Comment

Originally posted by live2hunt65 View Post
              2X
              x3

Comment

I installed them in two of my ILF wood recurve handles, and they worked great. Held the quiver nice and secure, and I could remove it by just unscrewing the two nuts.

Red Wing Hunters are not at all rare, or valuable.

I say go for it.

Comment

I'd buy a Forsner (Sp.?) bit to drill with. This bit does not tear up the wood and makes a great hole.

Comment

Use a brad point bit so it doesn't slide from original hole, and as someone said, pilot drill the hole first. I've done it and it's not that hard, but as with most things, it helps to take your time and make sure you have everything set just right - it's hard to undrill those holes.

Comment

Ill second the brad point suggestion. I wouldnt hesitate to put them in that bow. They are a dime a dozen. I have one. Good bow.

Comment

Your more than welcome to come out and use the drill press for this if you want.

Comment

Very good installation advice from those above.

I personally like a little brass bling on a riser.

Properly installed, you will not hurt that bow at all, and in my opinion actually increase the looks & value of it.

Rick

Comment

The inserts are in. They came out perfect, no problems.

Comment

Working...
                            X