No announcement yet.

Bow Blind Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another on a short wooden platform.
    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone figured out how to seal it up to keep the owls out of it when you aren't hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Well, I guess I never saw this thread again ! The plastic is noisy if you hit it and it's hot when temps are up, other than that, no issues.

I went a different direction with my blinds. I use a top that's made commercially and ran my catlle panel horizontally. I turned it in a circle to fit the top and that left a nice doorway. I fabbed up a door frame with angle and strap and made the door with another piece of panel. Cut out three windows and covered them in camo netting. Works well !
        That looks fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

I went a different direction with my blinds. I use a top that's made commercially and ran my catlle panel horizontally. I turned it in a circle to fit the top and that left a nice doorway. I fabbed up a door frame with angle and strap and made the door with another piece of panel. Cut out three windows and covered them in camo netting. Works well !
          can you explain or have a pic of the top?

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
            can you explain or have a pic of the top?
            I bought the tops from RealBark Hunting Systems in Henderson. They make plastic circular deer blinds. The tops I bought were blems. I really don't know if they will sell them, I know the owner well and built his house pad as well as did other work for him on his place. He sells the best tripods out there IMO, but they're pricey. I have four that I've had out for at least fifteen years though, moved multiple times, with zero issues. That makes the cost per year seem worth it to me.

Comment

Pic of the door
              Attached Files

Comment

The top. I shaped and welded some rebar inside to keep the roof from collapsing from weight of snow or wet vegetation. Sometimes i put cedar limbs on top and they can get heavy when wet.
                Attached Files

Comment

Bow hanger is simply a shaped rod in a piece of tubing welded to the panel and covered with rubber gas line.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very comfortable and dark inside with netting on the windows. Six foot diameter. My Ozonics mounts to the rebar in the top.
                    Attached Files

Comment

After the camo brush-in
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great build, that turned out awesome!

Comment

These are some sweet blinds! Good job guys!

Any problems with owls or vultures wanting to use the open windows to roost in there?

Comment

NICE work guys

Comment

My windows are covered in camo mesh so no problems there. I also keep a cattle ear tag in them to keep the creepers out. So far, so good. I credit the guys on here for the platform idea. Much, much better than on the ground. I just have one more that needs to be raised. I'll get that done after the season is over.

Comment

Working...
                              X