How do you aim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you aim?

I don't. I used look at the arrow in my peripheral to line up my left and right. Nowadays I just take a laser stare at the smallest part of the bullseye. Interested to see how everyone else hits they're mark. Hopefully I can keep up my instinctive accuracy. I shoot about 200 arrows a day.

I honestly don't know how I aim. I guess everybody does aim somehow...but I just look at where I want the arrow to go.

Comment

Kinda like throwing a baseball, concentrate on a spot and you body does the rest.

Comment

I look at the smallest spot I can concentrate on, then let the rest just happen. I know my brain sees the arrow, but I could not begin to tell you where it is pointing.

Bisch

Comment

I'm like Nike - just do it. I have no idea but I'm pretty accurate.

Comment

I'll agree with CRM. Not sure what I am suppose to see or not, but I concentrate on my spot and turn it loose. Guess we are all in the boat together.

Comment

Like above, I look where I want to hit, and let it fly. Course I'm not a very good shot, so take that for what it's worth! Like Bisch, to my knowledge, I use nothing for reference other than boring a hole with my eye on what I'm wanting to hit. When it's an animal, I like to say, "I draw a starvation bead on em.." aim at it like you are starving, and have to hit that animal to have a meal to eat! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Yep, burn a hole for your arrow to go in!!!

Comment

Carefully?

Comment

We are pretty much all in the same boat. I know there's a few gap shooters around. I tried it years ago and it wasn't for me. Though, years ago if I had the instruction Draco gave in the sticky, things may have been different. I just really like my subconscious doing the ranging for me.

One more question. What is y'all instinctive shooters max range to shoot at an animal? Mine is 25 yards. And everything needs to perfect to take that. I prefer inside 20.

Comment

YIP, agreed again. I won't even consider outside 25, and that range is only for hogs. Deer I am in preference of 15 or less. The hog in my avatar was about 25 yards. My only whitetail with my longbow this past season was about 10 ish. That was a comfortable shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigthumper View Post
                        We are pretty much all in the same boat. I know there's a few gap shooters around. I tried it years ago and it wasn't for me. Though, years ago if I had the instruction Draco gave in the sticky, things may have been different. I just really like my subconscious doing the ranging for me.

One more question. What is y'all instinctive shooters max range to shoot at an animal? Mine is 25 yards. And everything needs to perfect to take that. I prefer inside 20.
                        Depends on the animal! Deer sized and smaller, ~20ish yds. Bigger, like elk and such, ~30ish yds. I always want them closer, and there are times when it feels right a little longer, and times when I would not even attempt the long shot.

Bisch

Comment

I aim before I draw. Due to a defect I incurred 39 years ago, my brain requires some conscious help. I then draw, confirm the sight picture and focus on the spot through the release.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I look straight down the arrow at the target as I draw, by the time I hit anchor 100% of my focus in on the center of the target. I think this has helped me develope a more consistent/repeatable shot cycle. I dont even realize I'm doing it anymore. BUT, I'd have a hard time hitting Kate Smith in the butt with a hand full of rice, so, dont listen to me!

Comment

That is pretty bad Todd because I remember Kate Smith.

Comment

Working...
                              X