No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw LOTS of deer out and about while scouting today. Ironically we didn't see ANY Dove hunters??

Comment

I've seen a total of 4 different groups of dove hunters in 4 different outings. It's really nice not having people all over the place

Comment

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Last edited by birddogem301; 09-05-2016, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Hello folks I just joined this feed. Just want to say that looking foward to the discussions. I hunted the twin buttes for the first time in November last year for 3 days then went back for a week long hunt in January of this year. I'm from El Paso, TX. I camped out there in my Rv and I hope myself and my group didn't intrude in any of you'alls honey holes. If we did please accept my apologies. Planning on going for a week long hunt 10/8 thru 10/15. I understand that I won't be able to camp the rv during that time this yr. Any suggestions to where to camp rv? I am leaving on my elk hunt to Colorado 9/15 and hope to return with my tag filled and look foward to hunting twin buttes in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lake Nasworthy before you get too the Buttes or there is also a KOA before the Lake too also the San Angelo State Park

Comment

Thanks rbertman.

Comment

Ya both places mentioned are very close and clean facilities. I'll be there opening morning but then headed to Irion County for the week.

Comment

Thanks. I'll be there the second week of October. Hope to meet you guys at the butte. I've been reading this feed since December and I have noticed that you guys on this feed are pretty helpful to new comers to the area. Not too many people do that. Hope to meet you local guys sometime. Swap some hunting stories. I hunted unit 4 Jan.2-Jan 9 of this year but no luck . I have a lot of trail cam pics of deer feeding at night. They were nocturnal. Although, my cousin had a really nice buck on his blind 3 days after buck season ended, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by birddogem301 View Post
                    Thanks. I'll be there the second week of October. Hope to meet you guys at the butte. I've been reading this feed since December and I have noticed that you guys on this feed are pretty helpful to new comers to the area. Not too many people do that. Hope to meet you local guys sometime. Swap some hunting stories. I hunted unit 4 Jan.2-Jan 9 of this year but no luck . I have a lot of trail cam pics of deer feeding at night. They were nocturnal. Although, my cousin had a really nice buck on his blind 3 days after buck season ended, go figure.

I was thinking it would be nice to get some of the guys together for a meet up one weekend during the season. I live really close to the lake area.

Comment

Sound off yall:

Where does everyone that hunts TBR live?

I am in South side of San Angelo.

Comment

I'm a hobo at the moment... Going through the Big D!! Whoop Whoop!! So I live at which ever chicks place I fall asleep at.... Hahaha... But I am definitely down to do a BBQ/Bar Meet/Restaurant Meet... Wanna set a date place and time?

Comment

I'm in Sanangelobowman

Comment

First year at twin buttes ... coming from coleman

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                              Sound off yall:

Where does everyone that hunts TBR live?

I am in South side of San Angelo.

I'm in San Antonio. Come up as often as I can during seasons. Stay with kids. My daughter has a house in college hills area

Comment

El Paso Tx here. Beer, hunting stories, food, why not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X