No announcement yet.

Quiet deer feeder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking for the link but forgot the solenoid part. Mine was a yellow cheap plastic one, but worked for a good while

Comment

I've been thinking about making one. But at the cost of the pennco, it's just not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Dinner bell doesn't work on my ETX lease for mature bucks. It's worked so far without the "dinner bell" so I'm gonna stick with what's proven on my place. Obviously it's not for everyone. I hunt old Mexico where the feeder going off is good, but that's not the same for these piney wood deer.
        So your saying they wont come to a feeder that makes noise to eat corn but will come to a feeder that drops corn out of a barrel?

I understand the hand corning part as I use a lot of road feeders versus traditional feeders. Just doesn't make much sense to me if corn is coming out of a barrel how a buck wont come to it if it is spun out vs dropped.

As a disclaimer I have done some east texas and Louisiana hunting and if there were deer in the area they came to the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          So your saying they wont come to a feeder that makes noise to eat corn but will come to a feeder that drops corn out of a barrel?

I understand the hand corning part as I use a lot of road feeders versus traditional feeders. Just doesn't make much sense to me if corn is coming out of a barrel how a buck wont come to it if it is spun out vs dropped.

As a disclaimer I have done some east texas and Louisiana hunting and if there were deer in the area they came to the feeder.
          Really not that hard to grasp at 100 yrds I pour corn out of a bucket opposed to slinging it's 45 mph threw a metal leaf blower "dinner bell" which one are you gonna hear? Well guess my deer are just smarter

Comment

Really not that hard to grasp at 100 yrds I pour corn out of a bucket opposed to slinging it's 45 mph threw a metal leaf blower "dinner bell" which one are you gonna hear? Well guess my deer are just smarter
            You have the smartest deer in Texas !

Comment

You have the smartest deer in Texas !
              They all have a phd lol

Comment

They all have a phd lol
                Ha

Comment

Just throw a little pea gravel in there for a little noise if ya want it!

Comment

It's pretty simple really. U think deer can't find corn without hearing that god awful slinging noise? Why do you think big east tx bucks are killed off hand corn? How do you think deer can find acorns and stick to them? Because they can find food, so when they find this corn dumped from a barrell they will return like they do to acorns. However, they won't have to hear a ring a ding ding come and get it boys, bc mature bucks in my woods don't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      It's pretty simple really. U think deer can't find corn without hearing that god awful slinging noise? Why do you think big east tx bucks are killed off hand corn? How do you think deer can find acorns and stick to them? Because they can find food, so when they find this corn dumped from a barrell they will return like they do to acorns. However, they won't have to hear a ring a ding ding come and get it boys, bc mature bucks in my woods don't like that.
                      Did you ask them that?

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                        Other than it scaring them if they're under it when it fires, deer and hogs seem to show be attracted by the sound of mine it seems. Don't know if they're just conditioned to the times or not but always show within 10-15 minutes of it throwing.
                        I've had deer leave from one feeder and head to the next once they hear it go off. They know that the sound means food.

Just my opinion but I wouldn't buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by billinkb View Post
                          I've had deer leave from one feeder and head to the next once they hear it go off. They know that the sound means food.

Just my opinion but I wouldn't buy one.
                          Where's your lease? Goliad county? If so then that's how it should be there, but that's a long way from the high pressure etx deer that can live off acorns alone.
                          Last edited by drop dead fred; 08-18-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

The only down side I can see with this stealth feeder is you can't time your farts and beer can opening when your loud feeder goes off !!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                              The only down side I can see with this stealth feeder is you can't time your farts and beer can opening when your loud feeder goes off !!
                              That's the wake up alarm from my nap.

Comment

That's the wake up alarm from my nap.
                                That is a good point too. I ve been woken up from some good naps by that racket.

Comment

Working...
                                X