Lease cost going up .........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease cost going up .........

We have been on a lease in Archer county for the last 5 years. Everyone on the lease are good land stewards and we have a good relationship with the land owner. We lease approximately 575 acres and paid $4,700 last year. We just found out that the cost went up to $6,000.

Does anyone else get yearly increases? This is a much higher increase than previous years. Does a 25% increase seem right?

Your thoughts please.

How many guys are on the property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Supply and demand at its finest

Comment

Does not suprise me however, if it’s done this close to the season I would be upset.

Comment

How many guys on the lease. My guess is you have any least 3. So if 3 it is $ 2000 a person. That is an inexpensive lease. So 400+ a person is minimal. If you have more than that on lease it is even cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            Does not suprise me however, if it’s done this close to the season I would be upset.
            This is correct. I would ask that any changes to the lease I the future be discussed in March. That way you can plan accordingly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The cost per hunter is not the issue.

Just seemed high for an increase year to year.

The timing is also an issue.

Comment

That is a steep increase but $10 and some change an acre seems reasonable. I’m guessing the landowner inquired what the per acre prices were in the area? Get something in writing preferably multiple years early next year if you can.

Comment

We went from $6/acre to $8.34/acre this past year, although it was January when we found out. Still a sizable increase.

It was a bitter pill to swallow, but the ranch changed ownership so I felt we were likely to lose it entirely.

The thought of moving all that gear made the $700/man difference seem like the lesser evil. We do have it at this price for 3 years, after that we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                    We went from $6/acre to $8.34/acre this past year, although it was January when we found out. Still a sizable increase.

It was a bitter pill to swallow, but the ranch changed ownership so I felt we were likely to lose it entirely.

The thought of moving all that gear made the $700/man difference seem like the lesser evil. We do have it at this price for 3 years, after that we will see.

Our lease went up last year and is going up again next year since our properties are on different contracts. We always consider the cost to relocate when we look at increases. We always stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think the % of increase is what to be worried about if it was a true market correction.

How many guns on the lease? I would guess 3 or 4 and the price per gun is still pretty inexpensive considering. Not sure what kind of game you have.

Comment

I created a self-induced lease increase of $1500. Now pay $3500. While it’s extremely high, i Was happy to pay it. Sorry it caught you guys off guard, though. Hope it works out

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                          Does a 25% increase seem right?

Your thoughts please.

His land so it's right to him..... just like it is your choice if it is right to your wallet or not.

Comment

Someone offered him that much and he gave you the chance to match or move on.

Comment

We are paying 15 an acre.

Comment

Working...
                              X