No announcement yet.

Best deer counties in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like it's obvious the top is dominated by Webb, La Salle, Dimmit, Maverick etc. in South Texas. I think Coryell is overlooked in central Texas area. I have seen a lot of really big deer taken from that county lately. I know very little about the panhandle but seems to be a select few up there that could rival the South Texas counties.
    Last edited by GtownBowhunter; 12-11-2015, 10:13 AM. Reason: Spelling champ in 1st grade

Comment

Another member posted this the other day, I though it was cool and saved it.
      Attached Files

Comment

I guess after this season I would be thinking Collin

Comment

Mine would be based on trophy, not necessarily deer numbers.
          Maverick
          Webb
          McCulloch
          Trinity
          Houston

Comment

If you just enjoy hunting and are not wrapped up in managing, Sutton Co is hard to beat. I've hunted there most of my life. Numbers are through the roof, exotics can be found, and beautiful terrain. Its just every lease I have been on sounds like WW3 all year. If I had my pick, Im picking a county in the golden triangle, or panhandle area with mule deer too.

Comment

fun

Comment

Originally posted by JW21 View Post
                Another member posted this the other day, I though it was cool and saved it.
                That must be incorrect. From my knowledge there are 0 deer in ETX. Just Black Panther sightings or something like that.

Comment

Not mine! There are no deer in Houston County so go hunt in one of the others mentioned...please ignore East Tx and move along, nothing to see here!...

Comment

Dallas
                    Tarrant
                    Harris
                    travis

Comment

How much money are we spending.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                        That must be incorrect. From my knowledge there are 0 deer in ETX. Just Black Panther sightings or something like that.
                        Best not forget jackelopes.

Comment

I base my "best" measurement by sheer numbers. I have yet to see more deer in person than I did in Uvalde county.

Comment

HAHA yea not many east TX counties listed so far.. Cant go wrong with Houston or Cherokee county. But love it down south also.. Wish I could find a place down south opposed to going on guided hunts

Comment

As of 2012 these are the top 4 as far as B&C deer are concerned:

Webb-49
                              Dimmit-47
                              Maverick-46
                              La Salle-40

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                                X