Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those who have bought Tracker Boats question for you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those who have bought Tracker Boats question for you...

Do they have much haggle room? If not on boat but maybe accessories? Thanks

Definitely not on the boat. I can't recall any haggling on accessories either

Comment

Tried to but nada...but I was young and dumb at the time so could have had something to do with it. Bought one of their grizzlies and it was the biggest pos I have ever owned. In less than 6 months it had cracked all to hell. Hull had several cracks and broken welds everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        Tried to but nada...but I was young and dumb at the time so could have had something to do with it. Bought one of their grizzlies and it was the biggest pos I have ever owned. In less than 6 months it had cracked all to hell. Hull had several cracks and broken welds everywhere.
        How long ago was that? I heard they have really changed for the better the last few yrs. I'm looking at the Grizzly 1654 MVX sportsman for the ranch.

Comment

I would avoid tracker in what i've read on the internet. My pops wanted a tracker v-16 or so a few years back and the reviews for anything produced in the last half decade by them were awful. I talked with a buddy that runs a service department for a local boat yard here in DFW that said he wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            How long ago was that? I heard they have really changed for the better the last few yrs. I'm looking at the Grizzly 1654 MVX sportsman for the ranch.
            Think it was in 2005 Brandon. Mine was a tunnel hull and thats exactly where it started cracking all around the tunnel. Steel seemed to have alot of flex in it that caused the cracks. They gave me the run around about fixin it and finally said they would have to ship it to Missouri or somewhere and have their guys weld it up. Would take 2-3 months... BS. My buddy owned a welding shop at the coast and I tried to get them to let me take it there but they told me it would void the warranty. Took it to him anyway and had him weld it back up.

Comment

I had a 2016 1754 grizzly, sold it and wouldn't buy another one. Welds looked like pigeon ****. Everything on it just seemed cheap

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                I had a 2016 1754 grizzly, sold it and wouldn't buy another one. Welds looked like pigeon ****. Everything on it just seemed cheap
                Gaskets in the gauges on the dash were loose and they'd fog up all the time and get water in them, latch on the front deck broke from the boat riding so ruff

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                  Well dang. I like the price on this. Not going to be used on any big water only 15 acre lake and about a 6 mile stretch of the Colorado River at the the ranch.

Comment

Nope.

Gary

Comment

I checked on them a while back. Lots of complaints about cracked welds that for one reason or another were denied warranty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I did structural warranty repair work for Tracker for two years for the 5 state region. Every thing from re-carpets (some because one of a material buyer thought he'd save the company some money buying cheaper carpet that didn't even last a year in the showroom), to hull structure on all lines, to deck replacements on the Grizz line, transom replacements on all lines, to pontoon and deck change outs on their biggest party barges, and much more. I'd advise finding another brand.

Comment

They're a decent boat at best unless you plan on taking it off the showroom floor!! In that case run like heck!! A buddy had one for a couple years and it spent more time in the shop getting rewelded than it did in his carport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just traded one in. I will buy a blow up pool toy before I would own another tracker.

Comment

Heep of junk

Comment

Working...
                              X