Hey! Tree guys help me out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! Tree guys help me out!

When we bought our home in 2007. The previous owner told us the Pecan Tree had never produced anything but miniature pecans that weren’t full. It was a young tree but good sized. It has more then doubled in size. We started fertilizing it. That year and every year since the tree has made ton of pecans. Well, except the year of Ike. All the premature pecans fell off the tree during the storm. In 2015, the tree made so many pecans, some of the limbs were only a couple feet off the ground. The squirrels robbed us blind! In about a10 day span, they took every pecan off the tree while they were still wet and green. It was like squirrel crack!!

Last year was the best year ever, tons of production with full, ripe, great tasting pecans. However, the tree got a touch of root rot, we think because of too much rain. Some of the pecans started sprouting on the ground, and even on the tree. We read that this was from the tree not releasing a hormone correctly.

Move to this year. The tree began growing new leaves very early in the spring. Right now there are full size pecans. The tree is still putting off new growth and in the new growth are tiny pecans starting to grow. The problem is the the full sized pecans are full, but falling still in the green outer shell. It’s way to early in the year. The small pecans continue to grow.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PECAN TREE??? How can I fix it?

P.S. If any of you recognize my name...
    Weston is still Rockin and Rollin! He is all go! No stopping this kid! Mommy is going to have to get some more energy to keep up!

Where’s all the tree experts? We love our pecans lol.

Comment

Texas A&M University - Academic analyses and information on horticultural crops ranging from fruits and nuts to ornamentals, viticulture and wine.

This is a link to the Texas A&M Extension service. It has some great info, especially toward the bottom if you scroll down you'll see a list of common issues with their likely causes.

Comment

Originally posted by straightGrizzly View Post
        https://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/...ecan-problems/

This is a link to the Texas A&M Extension service. It has some great info, especially toward the bottom if you scroll down you'll see a list of common issues with their likely causes.
        Thank you. I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
        X